Multiple Choice Made Fun:D

I don't know about anyone else but due to the economy and budget we have some books/workbooks that should not be written in so they can be used again.  Also, tryin to keep the copies down....so, I came up with this idea I have used for 2 years and wanted to share.  During guided reading with my groups there are times we read a reading comprehension passage that has multiple choice questions at the end.  Instead of the kids writing in the book, I use these "popsicle stick fans".  I got the wide sticks and wrote A,B,C,D on one side and F,G,H,I on the other. 




Then my wonderful hubby drilled little holes in the bottoms of each stick and then we got little screws, washers, and nuts and screwed the sets together.


I have to tell you, the kids absolutely LOVED using these.  When we came to a question they each had their fan of sticks and would choose and then show me their answer.  It made this time more fun and we saved lots of trees:) 



Photobucket

14 comments

  1. This is such a great idea! go green!
    -Victoria
    http://washandlearn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great ideal I plan to """"steal"""" this idea! I teach 6th, but I'm always looking for a new way not to use paper. I'm going to run out and get some immediately!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo...I love this! I will have to share this! We use slates a lot, but something new is always awesome!

    Megan
    oceanoflearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a genius and that is the best idea I have seen in ages!
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I have used sticks and special cards as answers before, but what a pain it is too make sure everyone has an A, B, C, and D. I love the way you attached them to each other. My husband isn't very handy, though, so I'll have to think of another way. Thanks so much for a GREAT idea!

    Jennifer
    http://3rdgradelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, but boy am I having problems making them! Everytime I drill holes, the craft sticks break!! Any clue of what I am doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We drilled them in stacks of 4 and my hubby said you have to put them onto a board or workbench...something you can drill into to support them..hope this helps:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done this before by using color coded sticks, but my students were always having a stick or two "go missing". I love how you attached them all together! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea! We always just write the letters on the whiteboards and hold them up, but this would be a fun way to switch up the routine a bit. Thanks for sharing!
    Cyndy
    Counting with Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking up, Tara! I've got a list of resources that I want to make for my first job and this is on the top of it!


    Baggy Trousers at A Crucial Week In The Life of an NQT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just basically brilliant! I think every district is feeling the paper/copies/consumables crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Just wondering....what happened to 'E'?

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top