Thrift Store Score!!

Love to shop thrift stores for books and goodies.  You never know what you'll find.  Case and point:

One addition to my personal library...2 to my classroom.....56 cents each!!  Are you kidding me???

Then I found this game called Word Master Mind, that looks like it was made before me (and that's a long time ago because I'm not young!!) and was thrilled to peek inside and see all the letters!!!

They are pretty small....less than 1/2 inch.  There's a "game board" to spell things but only up to 4 letters.
So, my brilliant, bloggy buds....what should I do with these????  I need:

Any ideas on what I should do with this find??  Oh yeah, btw, the game was 93 cents!!  Score!!
Photobucket

6 comments

  1. WOW! How awesome! I've never shopped in a thrift store and I may just have to give it a try.

    ~Lorraine
    vasquezfrogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love thrift store finds! One time I got probably 10 books for a dollar!! As far as your word mastermind, you could make your own holders for it and have a mystery word with 7 or so letters jumbled, and the students have to put in their guess of the word, and whoever gets it right gets a reward at the end of the day or week?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finds! Love shopping thrift stores. You could use the game letters to let students practice creating spelling or vocabulary words possibly?? Of course, maybe that's just the 1st grade teacher in me coming out though. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have this card game called Scrabble Slam that you could play using these letters. So you start with a word like YARD and just leave it there, surrounded by letters. Their challenge is to transform the word: hard, hand, band, sand, send, sent, lent, bent, tent, etc . . . . my son LOVES this game. You could use it as an incentive for when students have completed a task!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara! Thanks for following my blog. I am now following you. Your post has inspired me to check out the thrift stores around me. I never thought about looking for books there.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Nice blog - thought I would pay you visit since you visited me!

    I love finding old stuff and using it in my classroom! Since the letters are so small I would have my 2nd graders flatten out some playdough and then stamp out words using the letters.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top