I am all pooped out and still sick....so, my brain is fuzzy but I'm gonna try to make sense....teehee..Blog Hoppin hook up today is Teacher Talk Tuesday, advice for new teachers. I still feel like I'm a new teacher myself..could be because I have moved grade levels 3 times in 5 years...so here are my words of wisdom:)
1) Classroom management a MUST, from DAY ONE. Harry Wong's book is right here:) I have seen so many classrooms where things are nuts because there is no classroom management. Learning is not happening until that is in place, so make that a priority from day one:)
2) Don't try to reinvent the wheel. That's why I'm loving bloggin soooo much. It's refreshing to have something shared with you and not have to make everything from scratch!!! Look around and use the resources around you.
3) Never stop learning! I am so glad to have been introduced to Book Whisperer, Daily 5, and CAFE.
4) Pay it forward in any way you can. It will come back around:)
5) Be flexible (I'm still working on that one:) )
That's about all I have for now. Now I need to go read everyone else's advice....never stop learning, remember? ;)
All contents of this blog unless it is stated otherwise belong to me. If you like one of my ideas, pictures, freebies, or anything else I have created and shared on this blog, feel free to share it with others but please give credit and a link back to me and do not take credit for something that is not your creation. Thank you.
This policy is valid from 21 April 2012
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org