Classroom Update:)

Life is crazy right now!!!  Finishing classroom, meetings, changes, meetings, lessons.....you all know, the list goes on......I got a few more things done in the classroom today.  I have to say a HUGE thank you to Christina Bainbridge!!!!  She has been so patient and helpful with me and implementing Daily 5 and CAFE.  So THANK YOU Christine!!!  If you haven't been to her website or blog you have got to check them out.  Lots and lots of wonderful ideas and info!!  I was hesitant and unsure of what the heck I was doing but am now happily kicking off my year with Daily 5 (starting with 3 in my room but teaching all 5) and Cafe soon to follow:) 

Here are my updates on the classroom:

This is my once ugly now chalkboard file cabinet:)


This is a close up of a portion of my interactive Daily 5 board. (remember due to time and teaching I am only starting with 3 a day)




Sideways view of most of the door.  I tried 3 times to turn this pic and I give up!!



These I am so stinkin excited about.  I got the idea from Pinterest and followed that trail and found that this adorable Daily 5 book luggage idea is from Beg, Borrow, Steal: A blog for teachers.  Can' wait to fill them with books:)


I put one of these in each of the book luggage.  Again, another idea from Pinterest but every time I tried to follow the link it came up with an error....so, I'm not trying to steal anything but since I couldn't access these, I had my daughter make a set for me:)  I can put them on my blog as a freebie if anyone is interested. (or maybe you all were able to get to the others, but I wasn't)


And finally, I have seen this poster floating around Pinterest as well.  I got this from Really Good Stuff.  I have had it for a few years.  Love it!  Write my jobs and then each year make "tags" for each of the kids with magnets and then it can be changed weekly.

Still so much to do and Open House is Thursday night!  Ahhhh!  And to make matters worse.....I can't see, do, look at anything from bloggy land when I'm in school....computer filters:(  I feel so lost and disconnected....pretty sure that's one sign of a blog addict:)))))   But seriously, I am so looking forward to what this year has in store for me:)
Photobucket

30 comments

  1. It looks awesome! I LOVE the basket idea. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have the Check for Understanding checkmarks you made! Too cute!

    www.frog-tasticfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your classroom is looking great. I would love a copy of your check for understanding bookmark/handout. Thanks!!

    ~Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  4. You room is to die for!!! You have worked so hard a family would be lucky to have their child in your room!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS....I have had problems with ONE, JUST ONE, ONE STINKIN' picture that likes to lay down!!
    No matter what I do to it and what software I try!! So I have finally decided that the picture must be tired & is worn out! :)
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I love your book buckets. Please post your check marks if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is looking GREAT!! I can not believe you have open house already- I am in Fl as well and thank goodness we have 2 weeks left until that madness. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You're room looks wonderful! I would love to be in your 4th grade class! Good luck with open house! :)
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tags on the baskets! Too cute!
    http://www.whatilearnedinkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly look ready! You are going to love Daily 5. Starting with 3 is just fine. I found I needed a bigger selection in second grade because they couldn't go more than 20 minutes or so per activity. However, I found by mid-year my third graders wanted to stay with a book, or keep writing and didn't need the switch. It made it sooooo much easier to confer with students because in a 30 or 40 minute block I could meet with a strategy group, confer with 2-3 kids and the rest were happy to do their Daily.

    Good luck on Open House!
    ~Kitty
    The Write Handed Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks GREAT... I love the color scheme! Are your book baskets from the Dollar Tree? They are so cute with the tags! Thanks for the kind words too! :)

    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the check for understanding! It would be awesome if you could post them as a freebie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks fantastic! I love the green containers so nicely lined up on the counter. Great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love a copy of the checking for understanding check marks that you made!

    Mindy
    mwells@ourwayschool.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the name tags on the book baskets. I think I will have to do something similar. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Jennifer
    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your room looks great! I like to use black in my classroom, too-it really makes the other colors POP! :)

    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tara, I love seeing new setups and rejuvenations of classroom furniture! Keep on sharing. I agree with previous commenters; the color scheme is fantastic!

    Victoria
    (From http://love4thgrade.blogspot.com and http://teachingvision.org)

    I am following you now! Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The book luggage idea is brilliant! Did you paint your whole file cabinet in chalkboard paint? Will you use it as a center of some sort? Anyways, happy back-to-school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet you are a wonderful teacher! I can tell by just looking at how wonderful your classroom looks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're going to love Daily 5. We just finished our first year of schoolwide implementation at my school. We were in our first year of corrective action and we made HIGH GROWTH! The kids seem to really like it and it's great once you get used to being out of their "way". I would be sure to be very consistent with the reteaching when stamina is broken. My kids started to get real lazy and playful towards the middle of the year. Oh well it will be improved upon this year! Hope you have a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE how Pinterest is allowing teachers to share great ideas and I LOVE all of your baskets lined up ready to go! (I pinned it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am jealous! I haven't even been able to get into my room yet!! Thanks for the great ideas!!

    Teresa
    http://thevogelgesangsteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to have those check marks!! jlutton@madison.k12.mi.us
    Thanks!!
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your check marks! Can I get a copy?
    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Comprehension checks! Could I please have a copy?

    egj01@bellsouth.net

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a copy of your comprehension check, too!
      tracycrews@embarqmail.com

      Delete
  26. Do you have a file of the Checks for Understanding? I couldn't get the link to work either! My email is ledbetter2@marshall.edu if you have a file to send! Thanks so much!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE how you did the student names on your Daily 5 Board... What font(s) did you use?
    Thank you!!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I came across your blog after googling "Daily 5 Book Boxes" and I'm sooo happy I did. I literally had these same baskets in my Dollar Tree cart yesterday, but was worried they'd be too flimsy. Thank you so much for reassuring me that my $1 option will be just fine! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top