Cute Idea, Update, and Reminder

Cute Idea(?):
Okay all, I am finally starting to feel better.  I can't believe how sick everyone is!!!  It's hot Florida here for crying out loud...we all have colds like it is snowing out!!  Anywho, went to one of my fave places...Dollar Tree yesterday.  I have to say, I am absolutely shocked and pleased with all the teacher stuff they are carrying.  I got pointers (forgot to take a pic).  It's one I paid $4.99 for at a teacher store a few years ago!!  The exact same thing!!  Now they also have super cute word magnets.

They had 3 different sets (at least that was all I could find).  One with compound words, one with sight words, and one with long and short vowel sounds.  As I was checking out, I saw these adorable metal boxes, they are supposed to be for a gift card. 

Idea!!!  (insert light bulb!)  So I got 1 little box for each set of words.  They fit perfect and are too cute!  Hoping I will be able to use them with Daily 5 Word Work.....my intention when I got them was for a student I have who speaks no English.  I thought it would be fun for her to take a little box home to practice:) 

Update: 
Daily 5 is still going strong:)  We are adding to our time (building stamina) every day!  Today our schedule was all mixed up because of an assembly, so other than first thing in the morning, we didn't have time for Read to Self.  BUT, here's the cool thing......I had a student ask me before we dismissed if we would have time for Read to Self tomorrow and I said yes and he said......."GOOD!"  Ya gotta love that!!  The Work on Writing is going great too!!  These kids love to write and beg for a little more time each time the timer goes off:)  Gonna kick off Word Work Monday, hopefully it will go as well as the others:)

Reminder:

If you haven't already, don't forget to enter my super cute teacher portfolio giveaway from Doodle Bugs PaperYou can enter here:)  Giveaway ends tomorrow night!!
Photobucket

7 comments

  1. You've convinced me to run to the nearest Dollar Tree :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea!!! The little boxes look so inviting!

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little boxes! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny I had the SAME idea today! Got my magnets and was looking around the store for a storage container when I spotted the tins!! They work perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad D5 is off to a good start for you! Gotta love it! I will be checking out the Dollar Store this weekend, too. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Went to the dollar store to pick these up! Thanks for the idea!! They have file folder games too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! What a great idea for ELL!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top