It must be Pebble Night...

I just saw the cutest post on Runde's Room and some adorable Pinterest inspired letter pebbles she made....well, my daughter and I have been doing our own version of some other Pinterest inspired pebbles all day too:)  The original pebbles that inspired me are called story stones and created by Red Bird Crafts.  Her creations are so amazing.  I so fell in love with these I just had to try to make some myself.

 I am going to use these with the Daily 5 Work on Writing.  I am hoping that choosing a stone or 2 will give my peeps some inspiration for writing a story:)  They would also be fun to sit in a circle, pick a stone and start telling a story and add a stone...add to the story.  I've posted how I made these of  the other blog I'm a creative contributor to, Create-Share-Inspire.  Head over there to check it out:) My daughter and I had the best time thinking up what to make, giggling, making, and having some wonderful mom/daughter time before she is off to college:)

Photobucket

16 comments

  1. WOW. Those are AMAZING, too! Super interesting and creative. I LOVE Pinterest-inspired ideas.

    Victoria
    love4thgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love the ideas you have for using them too!!

    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share
    Create●Share●Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are ADORABLE! It's a good thing I still have more pebbles ... I see another project coming on ... ;)
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! Love the idea and the cute little animals and stuff on the stones.
    http://mstinezskids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those are adorable! You and your daughter did an amazing job on them. Can't wait to find out how you made them...don't know if I'm this crafty!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, and I love your writing ideas!!!

    =)Beth
    http://inspiredwritingteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So artistically precious! What a fun mother-daughter activity and how clever to use them as story starters. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I still need to make an a-z pebble set.

    But I did finish the crate w/ bow that I saw on Pinterest! A pic is in my latest post :-)

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pebbles are really stinkin' cute! I wish I was artsy enough to do cute pictures on some. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. If only I had a little helper!
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE!! I think I might have to make some of these!

    Teresa
    http://thevogelgesangsteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are seriously cute, love the giraffe! And glad you got to spend some quality time with your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pebbles are AMAZING!!! What paint did you use? I tried painting some using gouache tempura lately but they came out very faded.


    Baggy Trousers at A Crucial Week In The Life of an NQT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What paint did you use? They are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. okay, from one fourth grade teacher to another I need a life line-- I live in SC-- and we are jumping straight into common core this fall. I am overwhelmed, and anxious about this. I will be teaching just ELA and Social Studies, and would like to do Social studies based units, but I feel like the standards are so broad ~~ I feel like I will miss the mark in some areas-- Especially the literary reading. Our state standards were so detailed-- I don't want to waste time teaching info they don't need, but I am having trouble reading between the lines on some of the standards. Any advice on resources to point me in the right direction? wendybramlett9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tweeted about your Story Stones. I love them. I'm thinking I will let my kiddos create some in a center at school. They will love it!
    Sarah
    I Dream of First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top