Meet the Teacher Monday:)

 Life is crazy busy as we just started week 3 and I am already sick:(  (if you haven't started school yet, stock up on your vitamins;)  )  So, I'm gonna try to do the Blog Hoppin thing all week....Today is Meet the Teacher Monday, so here's a little about me:)

Tell us a little something about you.....
I am happily married and have 2 wonderful teenagers that keep me super busy.  My life is nuts with starting the new school year and adjusting to my first child off to college.  It seems we are traveling somewhere every weekend to watch volleyball somewhere:)  I love reading and gardening is my therapy!  I am new (this summer) to blogging and can't imagine life without it now:)  So many wonderful things to learn and people to chat with!!  Love it!!

How long have you been teaching?
This will be my 5th year as a teacher.  Teaching is a "2nd time around" career for me.  I graduated with a Bachelors in Computer Information Systems.  Then got married and moved from Illinois, where I had lived all my life, to Florida.  I was blessed to have been able to stay home with my 2 children while they were growing up.  Then, decided to go back to school to get my teaching certification.  I absolutely love it!!  I started in K-2 ESE, then was moved to 3rd grade for two years and am now starting my second year in 4th grade.  Hopefully I am done being moved:)  I also have my ESE and ELL certifications.

You might not know.....
I love animals!  My husband doesn't like me to go into a pet store because I always walk out with something breathing!!!  (it's not that bad...)  But because I love animals, my hubby built me a bird aviary a few years ago in my backyard.  It's like a walk in room with several different kinds of birds from all over.

What are you looking most forward to this school year?
Hands down it's gotta be Daily 5 and CAFE and the results/successes of implementing those things into my classroom.  I am brand new to both and have only been doing Daily 5 2 weeks and hoping to start CAFE soon but, love what I have seen so far with my group of kiddos.  I am very excited to see how this affects the lives of my peeps this school year:)

What do you need to improve?
Esh.....there are several things I need to work on.....One that stands out in my mind is trying to relax more and not be so "high strung".  I really need to relax and go with the flow at times.  I can say I am getting better at that but still have a ways to go.

What teaching supplies can you not live without?
I can't live without my laminator, lots of printer ink, my laptop, my yummy smelly markers (forgot what they're called), cute notebooks and binders, fun colored ink pens, and COFFEE!!!!!




Photobucket

4 comments

  1. Nice to "meet" you! I'm starting Daily 5 and CAFE this year, too! I can't wait to see it in action! Hope everything continues to go as well as it started for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love reading your blog so getting to know a little bit more about you is such a treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love meeting other 4th grade teachers! My husband won't let me go near a pet store or any animal shelter because he's afraid I'll bring all of them home with me! I also need to work on relaxing this year! I hope you have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is your daughter doing? My son moved right into a frat. :-)?!

    Girl, I am so proud of you, over 500 followers! Have a great year!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top