Mission Statement

Our school uses 7 Habits for Happy Kids.  Here's my 7 Habits wall in my classroom:
I have talked about 7 Habits before on a previous blog.  Each year we do a little more and a little more with it.  I love it!  It really teaches the kiddos good standards, morals and values and how to become wonderful leaders.  I am adding a little more to my data notebooks than what I had last year and this year each classroom is to come up with a mission statement.  Well, my kiddos and I set to work the other day and this is what we came up with: (sorry for the glare....the word that you can't read because of the flash glare is manatees.  That is our school mascot.)  This was all them....I think they did a great job:)



On a total non-school related note....good news, I got to see my daughter yesterday.....bad news, neither one of us is dealing with this separation very well.  We are both having a hard time adjusting to this new chapter in our lives.  I am praying things will start to get better for her as her classes start tomorrow and that will maybe keep her mind busy.  I am also praying that I can adjust as well...I truly thought I had but I have to confess, today I feel worse than the day she left.  I don't feel like doing anything but sleep...I know it's cause I'm sad.......... :,(  Deep breath, stay busy, pray and push on.

Photobucket

9 comments

  1. Oh Tara, I'm so sorry! I know things will get easier with time, but it must be so hard now. I hope it gets better soon.

    I just wanted you to know that I love reading your blog and what you do with your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a typo in my first comment post! Oops! Tara, you are so sweet, and I'm sorry you miss your daughter. As a daughter, I know I still miss my mom so so much and frequently cry when we have to leave each other after a visit, but I'm so thankful to have her to love! Your daughter is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the cutouts for the 7 habits? I'm reading the book and would love the cutouts as a reminder.
    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will definitely have to show me what you used to make your mission statement poster. It is so incredibly cute. I still have to make mine and I like the way you did yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your daughter being gone. I know it can be so hard. I live 7 hours from all of my family (except my husband and son) and it is sooooo hard. I will be thinking about you & praying it gets easier for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so you made me cry while I am here sipping my coffee...I bet once your daughter starts classes and settles in she will start to feel better and in turn it will be easier for you. Missing her is hard enough, but worrying about how SHE is feeling is positively draining. I'm sure it will get better soon!! Best wishes.
    ~Kitty
    The Write Handed Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel--I sent my daughter off to art school in England and I see her only once a year in the summer. Thank goodness for Skype. The first year was very melancholy for both of us, but she adapted so well after that. It was exciting to hear about her escapades. When our children are happy, we are always happy as well. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top