Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where it All Goes Down:)

Jumpin in with Blog Hoppin and Where it All Goes Down Wednesday.  I have posted pics previously of my classroom and have taken a few more so here's my classroom tour where my peeps and I hang all day:D


This is the view from my front door.  I have my kiddos in groups of 4 and 5.  I like to use Kagan activities so that helps.  I also have a pretty small room and groups makes it a little bigger. (at least it feels that way)

My "desk", small group area, guided reading group, catch all.....my space:)


Part of my library and reading area.  The bins in the cubbies hold chapter books.

More of my library.  I have two other book cases as well:) Love my books!!

I <3 my book bunting!  It hangs over the reading area.  I made it from laminated book covers and polka dot ribbon.

My computer area and above that my "sounds" word wall.  (I can't remember where I got the sounds cards:(  It was from one of you wonderful bloggers:)  )

My Daily 5 Check In area.

I tried to combine pics.  This is my CAFE board and Daily 5 board (which once I get the training done, will be daily 3.)

The kids book luggage, all full of Just Right books and waiting for my kiddos to come in again in the morning:)

Just added this this week.  We are doing The Book Whisperer in my classroom....start every morning with reading, 40 book challenge, genre requirements...anywho, the kids are keeping track of the books they read and the genres in their Data Notebooks (7 Habits) but I also wanted to have a way displayed...as much as I LOVE the ribbon things I have seen on Pinterest...I just don't have the space so, did this instead.  Once a student finishes a book, they fill out a notecard with the title, author, and their name.  Then I punch a hole and put it on a ring.  I have big pins holding the rings.  Hopefully at some point they will be too heavy to hang:)  Until the, they are displayed here:)
Hope you enjoyed the room tour Where is all Goes Down:))

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Love your book bunting- it's a really cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your book luggage! Those containers would go perfect in my room! :) I'm just not sure where I'd put them all!

    Your classroom looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome!! I really love how you've hung the pictures of book covers. So so adorable!

    Also, I'm a big Kagan fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming to comment on my Daily 5/CAFE question...I think that I agree with you as I am implementing the Daily 5 (3 in my class), CAFE and Book Whisperer stuff all new this year. For now I am going to plane the first few days with just Read to Self and maybe one or two CAFE strategies to start and see where it goes from there. I am glad that we are doing this at the same time and that I also teach Grade 4!! We can check in with each other's progress!!!
    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the book bunting! Your room looks amazing.
    You have such an inspirational blog!
    Come visit me at teachingfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room! I am sure that the kids love learning in there too! I am doing things with both the Book Whisperer and The Daily 5 (Daily 4 in my room). Thanks for sharing so much knowledge with the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your post from the There's No Place Like Home linkup. Thanks for sharing your classroom photos - it looks amazing. And I'm loving all the black & white accents in your room! :)

    Antonia
    forkin 4th

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color scheme and book bunting idea. Your room looks so open. I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE so much about your room. I love the book bunting...I wondered how you did that and laminating is a great idea. I am going to try the "sounds" word wall this year it just makes so much sense. I can't believe I didn't do that sooner. You are soooo lucky to have that many computers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your classroom looks FABULOUS!! Hello from your newest follower :) Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your book bunting! I am children's book fanatic (first year teacher this year with 760 books -- whoops!) I am going to have to make one of these and unfortunately I am wanting to do it right now..at 12:03 am... oh well..it's the summer! I can't believe I haven't already seen this on your blog!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, I LOVE your book bunting. The hoarding side of me has been saving book covers for years, not knowing what I was going to do with them. I am soooooo pinning this post so I can remember to make this. . .just one more thing to have for Monday Made It : )
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all the pics...especially the book bunting! I need to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room looks awesome! I need you to come and organize mine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great! Love the desk organization. How do you have your bunting banner hanging? Also, how did you attach the book jackets to the ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm obsessed with those sound word wall cards! I'm trying to find them online. Let me know if you can remember whose blog you found them on :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg! Love this classroom it is 75% larger than my daughters third grade class!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...