Finally able to upload some Freebies:D

Can't tell you how frustrating it has been to not be able to upload.  I ended up having to switch browsers and that is working.....for now:(  Anywho, Daily 5 is going well.  We just kicked off week 5 of school.  Midterms go home already this week!!!!  Yikes?! 

So far all of my Word Work activities are done with vocabulary only.  My kids really struggle in that area so I feel it is best to focus there.  I also feel the more exposed they are to the words and having fun in the process, the better.  It makes me so sad that "the fun" has been taken out of teaching by all the lovely state assessments.  Since I am a fairly new teacher, I got caught up in all the pressure and stress.  Well, no more.  Yes, I will work hard to prepare my kids for those tests but by golly we are gonna have fun while we are doin it.  Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now......sorry:(  It just makes me so sad to see kids stressed to the point of throwing up....

In the post just before this one, I talked about a Word Work activity that I made for my kids but couldn't upload the directions.  Well, here they are:) 

Another Word Work Freebie I am posting tonight has to do with the adorable little letter stamps from Target's dollar section that everyone was chatting about before school started.  I was lucky enough to find 3 sets (wish it would have been more).  So here are the directions for that activity.  Hope you enjoy:D




Photobucket

3 comments

  1. I just love your ideas. The stamps are great for practicing spelling words too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot that I had those stamps, too! I let the kids use my magnetic letters and other letter tiles, but I forgot to include the letters stamps. Thanks for the reminder!

    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award.


    Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top