Daily 5 Work on Writing Story Idea

Today was a teacher work day....I know...report cards, end of a quarter!!  I can't believe it!!  So, once the report cards were done, I got a few other things done....did I get my entire To Do list checked off?  NO! (is a teacher's to do list ever done?!)   Oh well, tomorrow is a new day:)

Now on to my idea......my lovely librarian has been super sweet and gives me the book sleeves that she doesn't need or use.  (that's what I used to make my book bunting)  So the other day I found some new ones in my mailbox and a fun idea hit me.  (gotta love it when that happens)  Why not have the kiddos write a story that is inspired by a cover??  I cut the covers to fit on the fronts of folders, hot glued them on and popped some loose leaf paper inside each folder.  I made 22 of these.  Each one is different, I even have a few Christmas themed covers.  Now they are ready to go for work on writing:) 


I am VERY excited about this idea.  I have previously made theme journals for Work on Writing and the kids LOVE them!  I have some extremely creative writers so I can't wait to see what this inspires:)


Imagine the possibilities!!!!  I am giddy with excitement:)
Photobucket

10 comments

  1. what a creative idea!! I love this! Now to find some book jackets...
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful idea for all grade levels! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea! I need to try this...maybe it will inspire some of my reluctant writers. We also had the day off, but we had a professional development day full of meetings! I shared some of the ideas I got from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and super simple center idea! I love this. I am going to start sweet talking my librarian tomorrow. ~Amanda @The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Thanks for your sweet comment. You can buy my house...really it's fine. :) I can throw it on teacher's pay teachers for ya. :)
    2. Cool writing idea! I wish my firsties could do it but I think it's too soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH...you made me remember when I use to have my students write stories for wordless books. Tomorrow I have a job for the librarian...find 24 wordless books.
    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Since I didn't have any old book covers at the moment, I decided to print some covers off of the internet. Thanks! This makes an excellent writing corner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FANTABULOUS idea!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been reading your blog posts her and there as I am just starting the Daily 5 in my class. I LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top