Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween/Fall Writing Story Starters - Freebie!!

Thanks to Daily 5, my kids LOVE to write sooooooooo they lost their minds today when I introduced some new Halloween/Fall Topic cards for them to use during Work on Writing.  Wanted to share them today as my freebie:


Super cute clipart from KPM Doodles!!  LOVE:) If you download these please leave some love and let me know:)  Would also love to hear other ideas for the Fall/Halloween story starters:)

I also wanted to share a new blog I found that has SUPER ideas.  The blog is Dandelions and Dragonflies (ok, love the name).  She does Smart Beads with her students.  After I read about them, I totally had to do this  for my peeps!

Please go to her blog and read all about it.  It helps promote student participation in class.  If a student participates, gives a good answer, or is really engaged (maybe when others aren't) give them the Smart Beads.  They wear them all day and at the end of the day trade the beads in for one of the cute tickets below (you can find these adorable things at Dandelions and Dragonflies).   Then they take it home and show mom and dad:)  Such a cute, fun, positive idea to keep the kiddos involved:)

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention! LOVE your stuff too, great ideas and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those sentence starters are too cute! And I LOVE the beads idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN freebie; thanks for the writing prompts AND the smart beads idea. We always have extras of those beads around - perfect way to use them!

    Sending smiles, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, thank you so much for sharing your story starters. Can't wait to use them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love your story starters! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas for story starters! Thanks so much for sharing! I have a daughter too in college who plays basketball. Never a dull moment, huh?!?! Hope she heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I downloaded these. These will make great prompts for a speech therapy activity! I am starting to post my fall speech and language activites and bulletin board ideas on my blog, LikePlayingHouse.blogspot.com. You should check it out too. I'll follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I downloaded these for a creative writing piece using transition words. Completely perfect!

    ReplyDelete