Christmas Elves, Idea, and Story Starters

I stayed late Monday to get out my Christmas...I couldn't wait.  We only have 15 school days so wanted to get it up and enjoy it.  When the kiddos came in they were super excited and I told them Santa's elves came and decorated....it wasn't me.  Gotta keep that Christmas magic alive!! (I just noticed my tree looks pretty small in the pic....it's not...)
Love me some GRINCH!!  Super love his little dog!!
Little Petunia even got in on the action:)
I also wanted to share a quick idea.....I found these cute drink stirrers on clearance.  We use them during guided reading to track where they are or even when we whole group popcorn read.  I know tracking words is for the little ones BUT they don't do this during Read to Self.....it's just a little something we do every once in a while and the kids love it.  ANYTHING to keep them engaged, right??  Again, when I use them in guided reading or whole group, it is also a quick way for me to tell who is following along and who isn't...
Last, I wanted to tell you all I just posted some new Winter Wonderland story starters on my new Teachers Notebook store.  I would love it if you would take a peek:D
Hope everyone is having a great week:)  It's halfway over!!



7 comments

  1. Oh my gosh Tara, your kids are so lucky to have you as a teacher! What a great thing to do...I love that border you added to your shelves.
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I wish we could do holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your classroom looks so cozy and great! I'm sure your kids were thrilled! Maybe I need to rethink not decorating for Christmas this year... Thanks for sharing!

    FlapJack Educational Resources

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, your room looks so festive!! Your kids are so blessed!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you make me feel so guilty about my tiny classroom tree! It's nowhere near as nice as yours!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute, everything looks awesome Tara!
    15 school days really! yikes I better get started..
    The drink stirrers are a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara,
    I just LOVE your blog. I find inspiration and hope every time I come and visit!
    I am a new blogger and am looking for tips on blogging.
    http://msmcnulty.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-tastic-tips.html
    Any help would be great!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top