Flu....ewwwww and a Road Trip:D

It happened and it wasn't pretty......the flu got me!!!  Already?!  I haven't even seen signs of it in the classroom!!!!  Finished a wonderful week with our field trip, woke up happy Saturday....mowed the yard, sat in the backyard and read and then WHAM!  POW!!!  (cue the sound effects from a old Batman movie), it hit me and hard.....to say I thought I was dying would be an understatement!!!   A little over 24 hours (seemed like....ummmm a week) and I survived.  My reminder to all my bloggy buds, especially if you still have school this week....WASH your hands.....wash them until they hurt!!  You don't want the flu. 

Ok, I'm done crying about that....maybe a little dramatic but seriously miserable for a day and a half...now I am oh so thankful that's over and my vaca started a day early:)  Yes, I should be in school but am going on a road trip to meet up with my daughter at college:))  Family first, right?  Besides the fact that I never.....I mean never take a day off of work.  I'll be back tomorrow to link up with the "What I'm Thankful For" party, so check back:)  Have a super day all......baby girl, here I come:)

10 comments

  1. It has hit us hard too! YUCK! Glad it's over for you! fingers crossed and washed for me!
    Reagan
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you caught the flu. That is awful, but glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the flu but have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, enJOY that girl time! Mine will be home late, late, late on Thursday night and I can't wait. I'm told we're supposed to sing Happy Birthday while we're washing our hands . . . like 10 times??? Appreciate the tip; glad you're feeling better.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, Tara!

    I thought you were cuing an onomatopoeia lesson with your sound effects!

    I am so glad you are feeling better and can look forward to ENJOYING the time with your daughter. It's always fun when you post about her--the LOVE just shines in your words.

    Have fun!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why does the flu always show up for the holidays? Like some sort of uninvited guest?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, feel better and take it easy! Have fun with your baby girl! My son is home, he visited my classroom today--pics to post soon!

    I'm sharing the Sunshine Award with you. Please hop over and grab it!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all of your sickness has gone away and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    I wanted to let you know that I am sending some sunshine your way because I awarded you with the Sunshine Award!!

    ❤Mrs. McKown
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara-

    Glad to hear you are feeling better after your bout with the flu! Have fun with your baby girl-I am already starting to feel a little hollowness (is that even a word?)inside since my daughter is a senior!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top