A Peek at my Week

I'm hooking up with Clutter Free Classroom for a peek in my planbook this past week.  What a week it has been!!  Glad to say survived Halloween on a Monday (that really should be outlawed..).  We actually had a super day.  We had a blast doing some Science experiments.  One I saw on Ms. Jasztsal's blog: Jasztalville: Where Inquiry and Creativity Rule.  It was a lava lamp experiment.  I didn't tell the kids that ahead of time so they had a blast making predictions and observations as we went along.



Then my roomie did the coolest thing and told a story about a haunted pumpkin.


See how it looks like the pumpkin was bleeding.  Blew my mind!  I don't have the ingredients but can get them if anyone is interested.  The kids thought it was amazing, then went crazy trying to figure out how she did it. 

Lots of small group work with our awesome popsicle sticks:)  If you haven't seen these, I made them over the summer.  They are actually my newer, fun version....I used to just have boring brown ones.  You can read about them here (colorful ones) and here (plain ones).

Also, lots of laser fingers in reading groups.

I introduced 2 new Word Work activities.  Shake, Write, Learn Tumblers. The kids went nuts over them!!  I really am hopeful that since these are focused on the sight words that my peeps are struggling with, their spelling of these is going to improve by leaps and bounds:)  Who Can Spell?

I also introduced expository writing.  Lots of other things but those were the highlights:)

Sweet baby bunny made her classroom entrance.  She spent her first week as a 4th Grader.  The kids love her and after much discussion and a classroom vote, have named her Petunia. (That is hoping and praying she is a she.....a little too young to tell)
Have a blessed and happy weekend all!  It is finally cooling off in Florida and it is yummy outside right now!!!
Check back tomorrow:D  I'm having a giveaway!!!!!!
Photobucket

5 comments

  1. Hi Tara!

    Isn't it funny how we do things on auto-pilot? I tried to link up with CFC too!

    Loved your post today. It makes me chuckle to think I have two SIXTH grade boys who might actually read if they had laser fingers! I'm thinking of getting them!

    Happy (finally cooler) weekend!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petunia is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I want to hold her!!!!!!
    Those laser fingers are too cool. :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are making me want a classroom pet! Haha! Looks like you had such a FUN week! Love all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved looking through your blog!! So going to Dollar Store today!! Thanks for your ideas

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top