Kinda excited about this Work on Writing activity.....even though I came up with it at 5:00 this morning!!! What's wrong with that you ask? Well, I could have slept a little longer....I wish I had a switch to shut off my head sometimes!!! hee hee! Anywho, this is what I came up with....fresh off the press (that's a joke cuz it's a newspaper activity) The students will do this during Work on Writing on Fridays only. It's a newspaper front page basically highlighting what they have learned for the week. I think it will be neat to read all their views.
- Reading Rewind will be a short summary of their basal reading for the read (yes, I know, basal yuk! Gotta do what I gotta do.....) This article section could also be used for summaries of any chapter books they have read during the week.
- Math in a Minute - I want the students to choose one skill they have learned this week (for example, expanded algorithm) Write about it in words and show an example.
- Mad Math Challenge - I would like them to write their own Math word problem here.
- Vocab View - Write one vocabulary word they have learned and definition along with a pic
- Words in the Know - Any new words they have learned (that will fit) Science, Vocab, Math,...
Hope this is something you can use in your classroom:) Would love to hear thoughts and comments about it if you download it! Thanks and have a blessed rest of your weekend!!
All contents of this blog unless it is stated otherwise belong to me. If you like one of my ideas, pictures, freebies, or anything else I have created and shared on this blog, feel free to share it with others but please give credit and a link back to me and do not take credit for something that is not your creation. Thank you.
This policy is valid from 21 April 2012
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org