Read all About It.....Work on Writing Daily 5

Kinda excited about this Work on Writing activity.....even though I came up with it at 5:00 this morning!!!  What's wrong with that you ask?  Well, I could have slept a little longer....I wish I had a switch to shut off my head sometimes!!!  hee hee!  Anywho, this is what I came up with....fresh off the press (that's a joke cuz it's a newspaper activity)  The students will do this during Work on Writing on Fridays only.  It's a newspaper front page basically highlighting what they have learned for the week.  I think it will be neat to read all their views. 


                                                          

Here's the game plan for this:
- Reading Rewind will be a short summary of their basal reading for the read (yes, I know, basal yuk!  Gotta do what I gotta do.....)  This article section could also be used for summaries of any chapter books they have read during the week.
-  Math in a Minute - I want the students to choose one skill they have learned this week (for example, expanded algorithm)  Write about it in words and show an example.
-  Mad Math Challenge - I would like them to write their own Math word problem here.
- Vocab View - Write one vocabulary word they have learned and definition along with a pic
- Words in the Know - Any new words they have learned (that will fit) Science, Vocab, Math,...

Hope this is something you can use in your classroom:)  Would love to hear thoughts and comments about it if you download it!  Thanks and have a blessed rest of your weekend!!

7 comments

  1. This is awesome! It will help me to see what really "sticks" with them too! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely brilliant Tara!! I will let you know how it goes when I get to try it out with my kids (might not be for a bit, but I am definitely printing it out now!).

    I think we're in the same boat, I was up at 7:00 already thinking of things I need to work on for my class this week. I think I need to keep a notepad on my bedside table, or would that be enabling an already bad habit?!

    Love this sheet, thank you again!!!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute. I love it. Thanks for sharing!
    Life with Mrs. L

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! 5 am...really? I have been stalking you for a while and I love reading your posts. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas with the blog world. I just started my own blog after being inspired by teachers like you. Thanks for all that you have shared.
    ~Elizabeth
    Funin4B@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you have your students put their daily work in? A binder, folder, scribbler, duotang? I am just trying to figure out what the easiest route to take would be. I mean beacuse they can add their word work pages, etc...or do they just take these home right after?

    Your blog is amazing! I teach grade four and I am just starting the daily five. I am very excited!
    -Lee

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top