Snow Playdough!!! Too Fun!

Pinterest inspired project for today.  When I saw this I knew I had to make some....who doesn't like playing with playdough???  Right?!  So decided to make some for my kiddos when we return back to school next week.  So many kids are kinesthetic learners.  My roomie at school gave her kids each one of the little tiny playdough tubs.  They are allowed to have it out, just to squeeze in their hands as they are learning....it has to be put away if it becomes a distraction from learning.  I was shocked to see how well they followed the rules with it so I thought I would give it a try myself and what a better way than with glittery playdough.  I found the basic playdough recipe here at Ten Kids and a Dog.  Then the snow recipe here: Snow Playdough



My plan is to greet each kiddo with their own little bag of snow playdough Monday morning:)

9 comments

  1. OK LOVE THIS!!!! going to do this too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been given the Sunshine Award! You can grab it on my blog :)! I think your blog is awesome!
    http://classroommagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I saw something similar on Pinterest the other day. I H.A.T.E. glitter, but I don't know if I can resist this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And I like the idea of the kids being able to play with it in class. I have a few that prefer poking or shoving each other. I wonder if this would keep that at bay... thanks for sharing!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be whipping up a huge batch of this for my Sunday School class. Not sure my 4th graders would appreciate it. I can think of a math angle for it, but my SSC would work a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I've nominated your blog for The Sunshine Award. Come on over to my blog and check it out!

    Quench Your First

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh darn...I gave ya the sunshine award too... :) I guess you are just that amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it actually looks like a snowball! As for letting them play with it while they learn, I think its a great idea... I even had a professor who says that this can help kids if you also give it to them during a test. For instance, lets say you are teaching them about a math skill, while they are fiddling with playdough. Give it back to them on the test, and as they squeeze it, the feeling and smell of it brings back sort of a flashback of what they were hearing and seeing last time they played with it. I have tried this myself, and it does work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow Playdough is adorable! I am doing that this year!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top