Word Word Update and Freebie

Just a quickie post about one of the new Word Work activities I added.  Today was the first day ( the kids are finally coming off the Halloween sugar...).  I introduced my shake, write, learn tumblers and they were a huge success.


I also made another Word Work activity that has to do with sight words.  My kiddos need the practice.

I found these cute small cake pans at Dollar Tree.  They are a nice size...better fit for my room than the big cookie sheets.  I made some sight word cards with adorable clipart from  KPM Doodles and it's done.  The students take one set of cards (I put them on rings), one cake pan, and one pack of magnetic letters and spell away:) 

I call this activity "Who Can Spell?"  Get it?  Who?  Cute owls....don't mind me...I'm tired!
AnyWHO (couldn't resist), the sight word cards are my freebie tonight:)


Photobucket

6 comments

  1. Thanks Tara...I love your word work ideas! And since they're ready to go, it's even better.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I just printed them and and can't wait to put it in a center asap:) Thanks!
    missthirdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I need this adapted to my kindergarten word list =) Thanks for sharing!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara,
    Thank you so much for your ideas! I am struggling with what I can do to help my 4s with, what we call, no excuse, words. There are so many of them that struggle with spelling words from grade 1 and 2. This is a great idea!
    Heather
    msmcnulty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the owls! I'm going to add them to my spelling station! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the freebie sight words. I definitely need to work with some kids on words that they should be able to read and/or spell on their own. It's tough to find sight words for the upper kids. Are all the pages meant to be the same?
    -Lynette
    lynetteapo@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top