Word Work Freebie and Yummy Pinterest

Here's a quick kinda random freebie for word work.  Knowing that my peeps need lots of practice writing their sight words and practicing nice, complete, 4th grade sentences, I made this.  It looks a little nutty which my kids love.  It's also very simple....I know...but it works!  It's called Sight Word Zigs.  On the first zig zag they choose a sight word and write it over and over until their zig zag is full.  On the zag underneath that they are to write a complete sentence using that word.  I am also going to use this for their vocabulary words pretty much the same way, so they're practicing lots of things at once.

Sight Word Zigs          
I also had to rave about this recipe I found on Pinterest....where else?!  It is 2, yes 2 ingredients.  1 can of pumpkin and 1 box of white cake mix.  I have to admit, I thought this is too good to be true.  Well, let me tell you.........YUM!!!!!!  I just made a batch.  It's super easy and quick and oh so delicious!!  Super moist, yummy and not super pumpkiny (is that a word?!  If so, I know I didn't spell it right)  My husband and son are not pumpkin fans and they love these!!  The recipe is here at  Sweet Verbena

I also added some cream cheese frosting!!!  YUMMIER!!!! 

5 comments

  1. Love both your ideas. Thanks for your creativity.

    Lindsay
    msnoren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara!!! I made them also... So easy and yummy!
    I'm heading on over to pinterest to follow you!
    Plus try the comics in class your kids will love it I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the recipe from Hungry Girl but she uses chocolate cake mix and pumpkin and that is delicious too!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this easy and quick muffin idea. I'm going to try this when we are out for Thanksgiving-and I can't wait for that! :)

    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE the zigzag idea...I am starting Daily 5 this year and needed interesting word work ideas-this is perfect for my 3rd graders! Thanks a million!
    Lynn Schadler
    Wyomissing, PA

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top