My 11 in 11 Linky Addition

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and got everything they put on Santa's list;)  We had a terrific Christmas...kinda can't believe it's over already and today I dove into the Christmas tear down.  Had to.  I was afraid my tree was becoming a quick fire hazard. (one of the bummers of living in Florida:( )  So now I am joining up with Hadar and Kristen and their 11 in 2011 linky party.

11. Favorite Movie you watched:
Is it terrible that I can't remember the last time I went to see a movie?!?!?!  Ummmmm, just asked my son and not even sure I went to the movies this year....is that nuts????  Good golly, I'm thinking the last time I went to the movies was to see a Twilight movie (and I haven't seen the newest one yet) sooooooo, yes I'm a Twi Mom.  Those movies are my fave.  I have watched the first one like a million times....sick, I know...if a TV movie counts then it has to be Elf.  We have watched that about 10 times in the past week.....SO funny!!

10.  Favorite TV Series:
That's a hard one...I am kinda hung up on a few:  Castle, Rizzoli and Isles, and Psych are my tops.  See the cop, investigator theme going???  Maybe I should have been a cop??  Psych absolutely cracks me up!!!!

Reality TV it's gotta be Big Brother:)

9.  Favorite Restaurant:
Wow.....as I am laying this all out I am realizing I'm kinda lame and don't have a super "go out" life style....Applebee's and Chilis are my big going out meals....don't be a hater....

8.  Favorite New thing You have tried:
     Hands down it has to be blogging!!!  I just love it!  The ideas, friends, support, encouragement, laughs,.......

7.  Favorite Gift You Received:
    My Christmas gifts this year.  My kids each got me Pandora charms....my son got me a football for Tim Tebow because I love my football and I love that boy!!!!  My daughter got me an angel (super special meaning....but don't want to get into it on my blog right now). 
Then, my hubby surprised me with a color Nook!!!  LOVE, I am reading The Help now and then bought The Kitchen House (sis recommendation) Has anyone read that one??? Would love to hear your thoughts:)

6.  Favorite Pin:



5. Favorite Blog Post:
It's supposed to be one of my own posts??? right???  Well, I think it has to be my Popsicle stick multiple choice stick posts.  I say posts because I posted my originals over the summer and then redid them in super fun colors:)  I love that I came up with these all on my own and we use them every day in my classroom:)


4. Favorite Accomplishment:
    Professionally - completing my ELL certification:)  Personally - "letting go" of my baby girl so she could spread her wings and head off to college.....and I lived through it!!!

3. Favorite Picture:
    Has to be pics we just took of our family.  I am embarrassed to say it has been years since we have all 4 been in a pic together so my mom gave a push (so glad she did) and we took pics Christmas Eve before we were off to Christmas in the Park service.


2. Favorite memory:
    Hard to pick.......toss up between watching my daughter graduate and picking up my son from a golf tourney where he had the winning putt and gave their team the championship:)

1.  Goals for 2012
     Hmmmmmmm!  Soooo many to chose from......ok, here goes:
Professionally :
- be the best teacher I can be to my students
- push myself in the Math dept.
- go with the flow and change gracefully instead of FREAKING OUT!!! (I don't do change well)
- Don't sweat the small stuff (see bullet just before this one)

Personally:
- Of course, lose weight!!
- Be a more laid back mom
- Spend more time in my Bible
- Be the best wife and mommy I can be:)

Link up with Kristen and Hadar below:




17 comments

  1. Tara, I love your family pictures!!!!! You have a beautiful family!!!

    Also, I have a New Year Resolution linky party & a questioner on my blog that I would really love your feedback on. Please stop by and give me your opinion.

    Thanks!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is lovely! I hope you've had a wonderful holiday!! And, no hate for Chili's from me...It is always delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up and I'm so sorry I did not state your name!!! My bad!!
    Okay, that pic of Tim is perfect. I got a little dizzy there for a minute but I think I'm okay now. I love what the pic says, too. I'm not a football fan, though.
    I love Twilight and Chili's - no hating here.
    You have a BEAUTIFUL family!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your family pic -you guys look great together! Your popsicle stick idea is wonderful! What a fun way to save paper!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is beautiful. So glad you got to spend lots of time with your daughter this Christmas. (And I also love Chili's so don't feel bad!)

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful family pictures! I agree- going with the flow and being more laid back is a great goal for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your family pictures! Elf is such a funny movie it always puts me in a good mood! The Tim Tebow pin is great! :) He is such an awesome person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I love the way your blog looks now! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blogging too! I am so thankful for amazing teachers like you who are willing to share the wonderful things they do in their classroom with newbies like me!

    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this post!! What a fun linky party! By the way, you have such a beautiful family! Oh, and I noticed that one of your 2012 goals is to push yourself in the math department--I, literally, JUST posted about a new series I'm starting about evaluating and strengthening your math instruction. You should check it out!! I hope you join me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is lovely! Thanks for being a part of this great blogging community!

    Gladys
    http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love watching Shaun and Gus! I am your newest follower!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your multiple choice popsicle sticks! So creative! I'm your newest follower

    applesandpapers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your family is beautiful! And I'm so jealous that you're in tshirts on Christmas Eve! I also can't get enough of Tim Tebow! I want a football charm now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Psych!! My brother recently introduced me to it and I've been watching all of the old seasons on Netflix! I'm just like you, I go to everyone elses blog and say, oh I should have put that! :)

    Classroom Confetti

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top