Snowman Stories and my Currently link up...

I finally got pics of my snowman stories.  The kiddos did these last week.  Their writing prompt was kinda Frosty like......"You made a snowman and he came to life.  Tell me about what you did together".  Creative right??  Just kidding, I know it's totally Frosty like but it was the last week of school and my brain was all kinds of tired and out of creative juices....so......there you have it.  Anywho, after they finished their narrative, I gave them a piece of chalk and paper and they drew their snowman:)  Here are a few of my faves:
Here we have your typical snowman....which by the way blows my mind because we are in Florida and most if not all of my kiddos have not even seen snow let alone built a snowman:.(

These 2 crack me up.....snowman A has on glasses...sunglasses maybe???  Snowman B has a coffee mug on his head....hahahahaha...Love!  I sprayed the chalk drawings with cheap hairspray so the chalk would not smear so much.

Haven't read the stories yet because I am putting off grading and school related activities as long as I can....but, I am sure they will be entertaining:)  For those of you who have school next week...maybe you could do this to keep'em busy:) 

Now I am linking up with my bloggy bud Farley and her Currently I am linky:)


Uggggg!!!  I just realized I left the s out of Ladybug's Teacher Files!!!!!  Kristen, please forgive me and know that it would take me forever to redo this so I have corrected it here:)  If you haven't seen her blog, you must go check it out:)  HERE!!!  She is super creative, a technology whiz and a wonderful teacher!!!  Have a blessed and happy Sunday all!!

9 comments

  1. Wow! The Rifleman. That sure brings back memories. lol The snowmen are so cute! Don't you just love have they are creative in their own way?

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara:

    My "mister" loves the Rifleman too!

    If I lived closer, I would volunteer to wrap the presents for you. I always offer to cut stuff for other teachers at my school. My OCD delights in straight lines and folded corners!

    Love the snowmen pictures--especially Mr. Coffee Cup!

    Enjoy your time off...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coffee mug on the head! That made me miss teaching 4th grade for a second until I read your next statement about the pile of grading! One advantage of 1st grade is the work is quicker to grade.
    Jenn
    FInally in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Tara!! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've left a comment but I PROMISE that I visit often!! :)
    I used to do something like your chalk snowmen EXCEPT I was very brave and we used . . . BLEACH. I would pour it into containers and the kids used Q-tips as paint brushes and they would paint right onto the blue paper and it would magically show up WHITE. Plus, the kids would be SUPER QUIET because the FUMES practically knocked them out. I think I need to put this activity back into my bag of tricks for January.
    LOVE having my family under my roof, too -- it is so fun!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, sign me up for the Fairy God Mother next!!! Enjoy the special time with all your loved ones!

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a folder and hanger upper... I don't mind doing the laundry but putting it away stinks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! This is a fantastic way to integrate art and writing.
    Dawn
    http://literacymathideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top