Base Word LOVE

Celebratin Saturday all!!!!  What a week!  Gonna post quick, clean a house that's taken a serious hit this week, dogs to groomers, and then I'm hoping doing some SHARPEN the SAW...Leader in Me style and greatly needed!!

Shakers, tumblers, bottles!!!  They are everywhere in one way or another....blogs, Pinterest....they are all different but have one thing in common...... they are all tools to help kids learn.  I have posted about my Vocabulators (HERE), which are big versions of shakers.  I also made Shake, Write, Learn Tumblers (HERE).  Sunny Days made super cute Synonym Shakers (HERE) and my bud Reagan at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits made awesome Discovery Bottles (HERE) and Third Grade Thinkers made Base word Bottles (HERE).....SO much inspiration and creativity and I'm sure there are tons others!

After a recent online assessment that correlates pretty closely with our big state test coming up, I saw some places I need to up my game with my peeps .....prefixes, suffixes, and base words was one place (I have plans for another theme coming up)!  The Base word Bottles inspired me to make my own. 





I'm calling mine Base Word Love...(gotta be the upcoming Vday thing)  I am using the worksheet that Doris posted on her blog with her Base word Bottles:) (sadly I have some OCD traits....doesn't every teacher have a little????????  so I am sure I will have to make a work sheet that matches my bottles....I'm a mess)

I would LOVE to share the words I made for my bottles/jugs....they are more like jugs...I couldn't find bottles the size I wanted but base word jugs just doesn't sound good or right or ..................................
hence, Base Word Love.

I've posted them at my Teachers Notebook store for free if you want them:) Just click the pic:D
Now I must go....my vacuum and swiffer await!!

16 comments

  1. Great idea Tara! It came out so cute! I love the vday theme.

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to have one of these for my office!! I saw Denise's Synonym Shakers and thought the exact same thing, so it's time . . .maybe today . . . to make one! Thanks for the cute cards.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, We are working on prefixes right now. I introduced them with a velcro poster I made a few years ago. Then each day they get a new prefix and they complete a worksheet. I would post it, but it's at school so I'll just tell you about it. On the front there is a line for the prefix and the meaning of the prefix. Below that is a large box for drawing a full color picture of a word that contains that prefix. Below the box they thinks of a word that uses the prefix (for example "re" they write "reread". Then they write the meaning of the word "reread", and then use it in a sentence. The back is the same only this time everything is smaller and they come up with two more words. The pictures are quick pencil sketches instead of colored. They learned that under and reading don't have prefixes just because they have the prefix sound at the beginning. I love when light bulbs go off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Love this idea and would love to see pics:))) Post when you can:)

      Delete
  4. holy moly I want those on my dining table as Feb. decor. They are too cute for classroom! ha ha! Gorgeous and wonderful and I love the shout out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey my funny friend.....I'll see if I can whip up a few and toss them your way;)

      Delete
  5. Cute! Cute! Cute! What a great way to get in the Valentine spirit!

    Michelle
    Teach123

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! In our PD the other day our reading coach was showing us how to use this bottles and I instantly thought of you and your many resources for them! I told her I "know" of teachers in upper graders that have used them successfully and I could also name many ways to use them thanks to you! I'm going to be making some of my little ones using sight words! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I want to make some of these with math facts!!
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool!! And thank you for all the links!!!! :)
    I must vacuum and swiffer, too. Waaah.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!! Guess what… I awarded you with the Liebster Award! Stop by my blog and see where your blog has been spotlighted at
    http://talesfroma4thgradeteacher.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/i-got-the-leibster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right on base! Love the heart theme and would LOVE the matching recording sheet you plan to make.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea! Going to have to have to make some of my own for my fourth graders. They will really have fun with this.

    Ericashep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top