New Little Classroom Addition....

Ok, so it's the simple things in life that totally excite me....

The other day while stalking reading and going through Pinterest and other blogs I came across this wonderful pin from Amy at Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons  classroom(one of my fave blogs).   She was inspired by a pin on Pinterest and made this for her classroom.  Anywho, not sure what rock I was under and how I missed this post but I did....along with all kinds of other yummy ideas there was the Hall Pass!!!

If you only knew the headache I have had with the Hall Pass (which for me would be the potty pass)  Last year my classroom had a potty in it.....then I got moved and my new classroom doesn't.  This has been a little adjustment for me....

when do they go.....when one goes, they all go......are they horsing around.......they are missing instruction.....but I'm right in the middle of Math, is this work avoidance.....I have to hold it all day, why can't they......

you get the idea. 

So I made cute little passes and laminated them and put magnets on the back.  Well, I have re-glued the magnets a million times (think some of my angels peel them off just cuz they can)...big ole pain.  Then I saw Amy's post.  CLOTHESPINS!  Are you serious....and I couldn't come up with that???  What a brilliant idea!!  Clip it on your collar or shirt and you're good to go.....teehee...

 I have had nightmares about the Oprah episode years ago where they swabbed the seats of shopping carts and bottoms of purses,.....and looked at all the yuck, gross, germies and thought "Lord, what if they did that to my potty passes?!?!?!?!"  Enough said! 

I said I would have a new addition to my classroom (not another pet) and here it is:)
My adorably talented daughter painted this for me:DD  Such cuteness!!  Today is my last day of vaca....boohoo.....I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year and the best to you all in 2012!!

25 comments

  1. I love this! I give my kids 3 sticks a day that they can use for the bathroom but they still have to take the hall pass, which is gross by this point! I may have to make one :)

    Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AdOrAbLe!!! . . . but seriously, I thought you were going to have added a playmate for that ridiculously cute bunny of yours . . . tee hee. Happy 2012 . . . do you go back tomorrow?

    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gorgeous AND functional--I love this!!! It's my last day of vacation too :( It's been so nice blogging all week, I will miss these mornings! I hope you enjoy the last day of vacation Tara :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clothespin idea! Super cute!
    Happy New Year!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha- I know what you mean about when one goes... in my classroom, we call it Contagious Bathroom Disease! Annnnd they learned a new vocabulary word! We also have contagious pencil sharpening disease, contagious bookcase disease, and contagious computer disease. They think it's hilarious, but I think it's a pain in the you know what. Thanks for sharing this, gonna go scrounge up some clothes pins!

    Haley
    followingoptimism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG does your daughter take orders?!?! LOL


    Happy New Year

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Enjoy your last day of vacation!

    Gladys
    http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a potty in the room, but now my mind is reeling....thinking of other ways to use this idea because it is SO DARN CUTE!!!!!
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind is reeling, too. We have reverse schedule with recess first, then lunch, and they ALL have to go afterward. And we have large classes - 39 fourth graders last year. Definitely going to do this. I have used bare wooden clothespins with student names in sharpie but it looks so ugly. Love this, and love it for bathroom passes. My current passes are on lanyards but get to looking ICKY. These would be easy to replace when necessary, too.

      Delete
  9. That is ADORABLE! I hope you had a peaceful break! :-)

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is too cute! I totally want to do this for next year! This year I have hall pass necklaces my students wear. We have a bathroom in the room (thank goodness) so I don't have to worry about them getting gross but I think this is such a time saver/easy way to do hall passes! Thanks for sharing because I missed the boat earlier on this too!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are sooo adorable Tara! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pegs are so cute and your sweetie did a wonderful job painting the sign!! Our K-2 section of our school uses the peg system at recess and lunch (pegs get clipped to their hat brims) so we can keep track of how many kiddies have left the supervised playground. Happy New Year to you, Tara:)
    Tina
    Good Morning Mrs Rubie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and I am SO excited. You have tons of wonderful ideas. Love the bathroom passes.=)

    Ms. Smith
    adventuresofmssmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sign is super cute! Your daughter rocks! I have a bathroom in my classroom so I don't need hall passes, but I love the look of yours - I will have to find someway to incorporate it into my classroom because it is too stinkin' cute! You, know...a giveaway with a sign made by your daughter as a prize..just saying'


    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I do magnet passes, but they put it on their desk when they leave the room. I only allow one boy and one girl to leave for the bathroom at a time. This way when they see the pass is missing or is on someone else's desk they know they cannot go until the classmate has returned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so adorable! I love it...and totally something I need to think about getting for my own classroom!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it~ I have one of those DD and she will do anything like this for me, too! I need to make some clothes pins this weekend! Thanks for the motivation!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea! And your daughter did a FABULOUS job painting that...so jealous of her painting skills! :)
    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the clothespin idea! I've got to make one for my class since I'm not lucky enough to have a bathroom in my class! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am totally inspired by this! I already have a system for students letting me know where they are going, and this is the perfect addition to it! I am a new blogger and recent follower. Check out the shout-out I gave you at my new page!

    www.msgingrade3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I MUST make this for my classroom. I don't know how I have never come across this before. I was in Michael's a couple days ago looking at everything trying to come up with a "hall pass" situation. This is perfect. Now I just wish your daughter could paint my board all pretty. Oh well . . . Spray paint and modge podge to the rescue.

    Brittany
    Sweet Seconds

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top