Seussy Freebie

Blogland has exploded with Seussy stuff for the birthday of Dr. Seuss and Read Across America...........

As I have been creating this weekend with 3 AM Teacher's Seussy graphics, I made an executive decision.
Sounds serious right??  I am going to "decorate" the classroom Seussy for the month of March.  (Now, you may all already do that.....and I am just joining the club....welcome to my world....)  I still have vday stuff up cuz I was too sick to take it down and decide what to put up next.....I have really cute spring stuff but since it's still "winterish" (not here in lovely Florida....we've only had 2 cold days.....2....it has felt like summer in the winter....I know I'm complaining.......sorry but it's a bummer to run the a.c. for Christmas....the bill is not fun.......AND it truly scares me for what the summer holds....like 110????)

oops....sorry, I got on a little rant....won't happen again...(and that's without the latte!!!  Eeek Kim!)

Back to Dr. Seuss.....so I have an area set up in my room for "Story in the Spotlight"
To go along with this theme I made "Seuss Book of the Day".  I will feature different books throughout the month here:)  I'll take pics when it's set up and post later.  I made 2 different signs and they are my freebie for today:)   Graphics by 3 AM Teacher:)
You can grab yours at my Teachers Notebook store for free, just click on the pic:D

18 comments

  1. This is why I miss Elementary!!!! I miss celebrating fun days like Dr. Seuss!
    Looking forward to seeing pics of your class decore :)


    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing. I love your Story in the Spotlight area! I can't wait to see it decorated for Dr. Seuss.

    Jennifer
    The First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - I love, love, love your spotlight...do you happen to remember where you got it? I must do this. I do an author a month but could totally see calling it "Author Spotlight" and shine that cute little slice of happiness on my board!!!!!!

    Thanks for the freebies!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly,
      got the spotlight from Walmart:)

      Delete
  4. What a clever idea! I would love to do the same in my room--so cool! Thanks Tara, I just love reading your posts :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!!! I love it! I have never thought to do that.
    Love your spotlight, too!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spotlight idea is so cool! I am going to have to steal that one. Thanks for the freebie. I have so many Seuss books that this will be a great way to showcase them.

    2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and am loving it! Thanks for sharing all of these great ideas. I'm your newest follower!

    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tara:
    Got latte? I've got my mocha right here {tapping cup, steadying so as not to spill on keyboard!}
    We had a little rain and a few cloudy days in California this winter. Never needed more than a sweatshirt, though. I've never been able to pull off a winder theme. Most of my kiddos have never seen snow. (Yikes! Three "nevers" in one "paragraph")
    LOOK! You're already at 878! Not long ago, I was standing on the corner, looking for new followers... And now you should get an award for "Quick Dash to the Next Hundred! That makes me happy because I know that lots of people other than me (than I?) are signing up to learn more from you! Hmmm. I think it's "other than I"...

    Happy Sunday, BlogFriend! I'm off to print a Seuss item or two!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too my friend:)) You're toooooo sweet! Enjoy your latte:) I am actually drinking an iced one made by my daughter...I shouldn't be.....I won't sleep:/ BUT need to stay awake until she is safely back to college (on the road now....tears:,(((((()

      Coffee cheers friend:)

      Delete
  9. Great idea - we'll be featuring a book a day too - I love your posters.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found her clipart, too. Love your stuff and especially your spotlight!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the spotlight idea.
    I have NO idea how I haven't seen your blog before. I'm your newest follower.
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurray--thank you!! My kinders are just blown away that we are dedicating an entire week to Dr. Suess. I can almost see their eyes spinning! :-)
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the spotlight idea! SUPER CUTE! I am already going over my classroom in my mind trying to figure out where i have a spot to do this . . . My spotlight may have to be imaginary! :)

    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your ideas and what a cute blog. I am your newest follower. Come on over and visit me - I am a new blogger. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top