Story Starters Seuss Style - FREEBIE

Hello all!  Happy Weekend!!  My room is even sadder now......took down the posters, anchor charts, words, word wall, ........the fun:((  Too sad to post a picture of........really sad......(tho thad Teeny and Reagan)....one of my darlins said and I quote:

"Mrs. Eiken, it looks like a jail in here!"

SO SAD!!! 

I told her, no worries...after that big, bad test  wonderful writing experience Tuesday we are gonna be rockin out the room Seuss style!!!  That made them all cheer!!!


I have a yummy freebie for ya today.....Seussy Story Starters. 


I'm going to use them in my Daily 5 Work on Writing:D
They are at my Teachers Notebook store. Click the pic to grab your copy.  Would love it if you share some love if you grab a set:)  Have a Seusstacular (a word??) weekend, I've got some coffee to go drink:) (Kim, joining me???)

13 comments

  1. I am glad to see some Seusstastuc activities for the older kiddos!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what Amber said! It is so difficult to find stuff for older kids. I LOVE Dr. Seuss and will be tying these in some way :) Thanks for sharing!

    Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, these are so, so creative! I love how even the written prompt is Suessy--so clever!! Thank you for sharing them...I am going to add them to my list of Must Print Today!

    Best of luck with your testing next week.
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:D Glad you can use them:)))

      Delete
  4. Wait...I must have missed something...do you have to completely clear your room for a standardized test???? If so, bummer...but...YEAH for Seuss!! I just love what you are coming up with!!

    Michelle
    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the story starters...of COURSE a 4th grade teacher would think of that! :)
    sorry about the jail :(

    ♥ Jen
    The Teachers' Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the story starters! Aww poor kiddos, at least they have Seuss to look forward too!


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no not jail! Theribly thad. I cracked up when you said the leprechaun was in your house. So that's what's been happening around here. It isn't the kids and the husband....and certainly not me!!! Best of luck to you and your kids on the test!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Good luck to your students (and you) with the test. Thanks so much for the freebie! :)

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara: I am loving your Seussy story starters and will be using them in my sub plans for this Thursday while I'm at a workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the story starters. I tried to leave feedback at your store, but can't for the freebie. If you find out how, let me know and I will go back to add feedback.

    humbugg7@aol.com
    http://secondhelpingsforteachers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top