Book Recommendation Tree Project Done and Shades:D

This is going to be so super quick because I am freaking out that my spring break is already almost over!!!

It just started.....where did it go???!!!!

It's not that I don't love my job...I do, BUT I also love my "me and fam" (yes, I know it's fam and I but I'm on break people) time and it is going away WAY too fast.........now I know some of you aren't even on break this week so don't hate that I'm whining.....

Ok, as soon as I saw Molly's book recommendation tree post at Lessons with Laughter, I KNEW I had to make one over break.....well, mission accomplished.....kinda...I still need to get some more ribbon, ran out so it looks a little nakey right now........ I also need to decide what I want written on the pot.......here's the reveal:
Can't wait to add it to my classroom!  Thanks for the inspiration Molly:)

On a totally not teacher related note......check out the yummy new shades I picked up yesterday shopping with my girl.....
I'm little Miss Boring when it come to sunglasses......I always get black, brown, black, tortoise, brown, oh yeah and black!!!!!!!!   Thrilling right.....well blue and coral are supposed to be the "it" colors for this summer................(that's according to yesterday's Today show.......) anywho, I decided to take a walk on the wild side and grabbed these Prada knockoffs (yes, I said knock offs......or should I say inspired.....the box at the mall said Prada)! 
 The sides are awesome with a little bling but the picture wouldn't take:/
I think they're fun:)

Also, Lorraine at  Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies is having an upper elementary linky for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers:)  So, I'm linking up and then doing some stalking later:)

15 comments

  1. Love the book recommendation tree! I planned on stealing Molly's idea, too!!

    Tammy
    Confessions of a Fourth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pot you made! I am wondering if I could use a real mini-tree for this idea.... Although I do have some awesome glitter sticks from Michaels that I could use but I like the idea of a living plant and "decorating" ... must think more on this.

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is SO SO Cute!!!!
    I want it. Our break isn't almost over!! Not at all. I have had a showing every.single.day.but.one....so I am not relaxed. But I am managing to have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week is going by super fast!!! We don't have the kids this week and I can't believe it is already THURSDAY...SAY WHAT?? I love your book recommendation! Super Cute!!

    Plus also...I have created an award for everyone to grab on my recent post...enjoy!!

    Michelle

    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me feel better to hear you say that about your break--that's exactly how I felt a couple of weeks ago going back!!! It's just nice being home! You still have a nice stretch of time in front of you though Tara, I hope you have a lovely time with your family!

    That tree is so, so cool!!! I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of this spring break talk makes me very jealous. Ours is two weeks away and we have to get through state tests first. Hurry up!

    I found you through the linky. I'm excited to connect with other intermediate teachers! I'm your newest follower too.

    Christi =)
    Ms. Fultz's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tree! I think I might have to make one next week over my Spring Break! Very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara,

    Your pot turned out super cute! I love the polka dots on the rim of the pot too! They are adorable! And the thing I love about the chalkboard paint is that you can change what it says as often as you like! I have had "books we love," "fabulous reads," and other fun wording. So glad you got this accomplished over your spring break! Hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of it!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that tree turned out sooo cute!

    My spring break isn't for another 2 weeks!


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute project! I need one for sure :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tree is awesome!!!!!
    Love the sunglasses - I bet you look fantastic!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. How creative to have a ook recommendation tree. Love it! I am your newest follower. Come over to my blog when you get a chance!

    Sharima

    Lovebuglearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top