Is that an Alligator in my pond?!?!?!?

 It is my last day of spring break and of course I am trying to cram in everything I didn't get done and more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not happening but a girl can dream right??
Spring break has been awesome.....I've had some girl time with my daughter, fam time with the hubs and teen, gardening,


Nook reading (didn't finish my book darn it), sleeping, walking, cleaning, rearranging of the living room and porch, crafting................busy but fun and now it's all done.......

Seriously, I do miss my kiddos quite a lot and I know these next 2 1/2 months are going to fly by with big state assessments coming so I'm ok with going back! 

I did manage to get another little unit done.  It has a space theme with adorable graphics done by KPM Doodles:)
This unit includes:
8 story starters
Word Sort - Long A/Short a 18 words to sort
10 simile strips to make sentences
an adjective activity
Synonym activity with 12 pairs of synonyms

If you would like to check it out it is HERE at TPT


OK.....now back to the gator in my pond.  I have a koi pond in my backyard that the hubs built.  It has an upper level and then a waterfall to the lower level which is where the big koi are.  I also don't know if I mentioned that my husband and I have this sick game of scaring each other.......well, yesterday I came home from my girls vball tourney and went in the backyard to water some plants.   We have had trouble with a huge white bird getting into our pond to eat our fish and hubs said "the bird was back".....little did I know that was a trick to get me to go look in the pond and count fish.....I do.......I don't want the bird to eat any....well, when I went to count, this is what I saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now does that look real or what?!?!?!??!?!  I live in Florida....there are alligators....lots.  So, I thought it was real!!!  I don't know how I didn't do the "I'm dying and being chased by a monster scream" but I didn't.......I froze!!!  I froze, convulsed,  and stopped breathing!!!! All to the enjoyment of my husband who was watching from the window just above the pond!  I won't tell you what happened next cuz it wasn't pretty.....not at all!!!  Thank the Lord it is fake....

Now I'm off to suck up all of the last few minutes of spring break that I can!!!

Happy Sunday!

12 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I cracked up about the "alligator". LOL! What a husband :)

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Troy, "choot em!" Looks totally real!

    Natalie
    TeacheryTidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol that does look real! And I'd probably freak out a little. Or a lot. Ha!


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha it does look real!!!! I would totally fall for it too! What a cute unit!!!

    Hope you have a great week back to school!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dear!

    When I saw that post title, I completely believed in the possibility of a gator in your pond. Thankfully, you're safe!
    Did you see that you have 968 followers? That is mighty close to a thousand, Girl!
    I haven't forgotten how much fun we had waiting for 800...

    Happy few-hours-left,

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha- it does look real. Thank goodness it wasn't! I'm there with ya...spring break went by way too fast. I'm trying to cram everything into today as well because I didn't do much planning. Hope your 1st day back goes well! :)

    Tales of An Elementary Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have totally been freaked out! We don't have alligators here, but I would have still been screaming! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha!! I totally would have been running into the house squealing!!
    Your new unit looks great! :) I love doing similes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just awarded you two awards! You're awesome. Stop by and check it out!
    http://mcteach5.blogspot.com/2012/03/linky-party-intermediate-grades.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yard is UH-MAZING!!!!!
    And that prank is HILARIOUS!!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is totally something my husband would have done to me!

    Hope your first day back was OK :)

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the alligator story! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower and pleased to have found your blog.
    Barb
    itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top