Lorax, Perimeter Bots, Math Games, and Spring Break!!!!

What do all those random things have to do with each other????  Well, they are all things that have happened in my week:)  I cannot even believe how fast this year is going and now spring break is here!!!  Wowza!!  So I have a little extra hop in my step:)  My kiddo is coming home tonight too!!!  Same spring break:)  Thank you Lord for that wonderful blessing!!!

Here is some of the fun we had this week in pics.......these are all Pinterest inspired projects that we did:)

The first:


After I read them The Lorax, they each made their own and I gave them this writing prompt:
If you could be Lorax for the day, what would you do to make the world a better place.

Super awesome ideas they had!!!  I know I saw the idea of the Lorax head on the top of the paper but for the life of me I can't find who!!!!! 
I am SO sorry and if it was you
or you know who,
please let me know,
so I can credit them too!!!

Did any one see how I just had a Dr. Seuss moment??????  Anyone,  anyone????

The second:


We also made Area and Perimeter Bots or Super Heroes.  A little of both I think:)  This was Pinterest inspired from Ashleigh at Ashleigh's Education Journey.  Loved this activity and SO glad we did it.  Silly me thought they had the whole area/perimeter thing....until they were asked to make these bots....then "Oh My Goodness!"  Let's just say some of the robots needed reconstruction!!!!  Practice makes perfect right??

The third:



We played my Fishy Factor game I made for my TN and TPT stores.  Well, I made it for my class first and then posted it on my store.  The kids loved using it with the ELMO:)  If you would like to take a peek at that game it is at either store.....TPT  or TN.

I am hoping the creative juices will kick in and I can make a few things over break.....or, I may not......I may just completely relax.....yeah right......I am planning on doing some gardening, beach going, and reading...not in that order:)  Chow for now:)


17 comments

  1. wahoooooo for spring break!!! Hope you relax and enjoy! Ban the leprechaun for good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Lorax! And I noticed (and appreciated) your Seussy moment.
    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy spring break!!! I did totally notice your Seuss moment, too funny! I'm using your Fishy Factors this week (we're celebrating Read Across America this week since we were on break on the actual date) and I can't wait to show them to my kids, they will flip!!

    Thanks for the sweet words today, your opinion means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Bots! I will have to try them out in my class. =)
    ~Jada
    Daisy Days for Learning

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you that you get to spend time with your daughter over Spring Break!!! (and I'm a little jealous you're already on Spring Break)
    Love the Lorax art project!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lorax project came out super! What a great prompt!!! I'm sure the kids came up with some great answers! Haha totally got your Dr. Seuss moment! I LOVE the measurement idea! What a great way to engage the kids in a lesson that is usually so boring. Enjoy every second of Spring Break!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always do such good things! Love the area/perimeter activity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! When I taught 4th we made Area Amigos! a hoot! love me some graph paper...weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it all!!! Ok, weird question where did you get the graph paper for The area and perimeter? Mine has blue lines and won't work as well. Help please :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly,
      It is part of the math curriculum we use...Pearson Math...it's one of the worksheets that can be downloaded.

      Delete
    2. We just adopted Pearson. Maybe I should look a little closer at the site :-0. Thanks!

      Delete
  10. I'm so sad because I fell behind in my blog reading and missed these great ideas. I love The Lorax writing, perfect for Dr. Seuss day and the Area/Perimeter bots are awesome. I might just have to squeeze those in after the state test for a little review. Thanks for sharing! ~Amanda @ The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  11. How could I forget Earth Day is just around the corner?!? I'm doing The Lorax project on Friday! Yes! Thanks for sharing this great idea. :) ~ Amanda @ The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you happen to have a template for the Lorax paper topper? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top