My Week and a Birthday Sale!!

My room is happy because the walls are no longer bare, the desks are back in groups, there's Seuss poppin up all around and one test is behind us.

My room is sad because yesterday was my student teacher's last day:(  I know, the time flew by so fast and I was truly enjoying having her with us!  The kiddos and I have gotten quite used to her being there.....Monday will be odd and an adjustment.

Our spring break starts next Friday for kids and I think know my kids have the fever!!!  We did LOTS of Seuss read alouds this week and my sweet student teacher bought the class all these books to add to our classroom library.

So sweet of her!!!!

I greeted the kiddos yesterday morning with their own little, tiny, TEENY  hat in celebration of Dr. Seuss day and bday.

They are fruit loops and marshmellows.  Yes, I know some of them are the "wrong color".  I have a student who can't have anything red/strawberry so I made some blue and white hats too!

So each child got a bookmark and hat snack when they came to check in with me this morning:)

I also have some pics of some of a couple of our activities:


Here are the Seussy foldables that I got from Mor at A Teacher's Treasure.  I have most of them hung up...have a few more to go.

I  also saw another idea I loved and had to borrow from Barrow's Hodgepodge.  She had her students pick their fave Seuss quote and they decorated their door.  I had my kiddos Google some fave quotes and pick one and we started hanging them on my back chalkboard.  (Did she say chalkboard?????  Yes, she did!   I don't use it to write on.....it's more for my word wall or student work.....kinda dark and dreary)


Since we are Seussy for the whole month, I wanted some extra decor.....I saw a super cute idea to make Truffula trees on Pinterest and totally want to do it (sometimes wanting and doing are 2 different things in my world)  BUT saw these cute pinwheels and plastic vases at Walmart and thought they looked kinda Seussy...


I think they are kinda cute and kinda Seussy.....what do you think??  Cheap....97 cents per item.

Finally.....if you have made it through this long post....not really lots of words....just pics....I am having a sale at my Teachers Notebook!!!  It's a birthday sale.....Yep, my birthday is the day after Dr. Seuss's!!
The sale is 20% off everything and runs until Midnight tonight:D 
Happy weekend everyone!!!

19 comments

  1. Happy birthday! Your student teacher is fortunate to have worked with such a creative person as yourself! Love the Seuss ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Tara! I hope your day is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I read your post and we wish he had been in your fourth grade class. He LOVED Seuss and had to hide it because his fourth grade teacher told him they were babyish books. Can you believe that?!
    We are loving you and I am SURE your class is too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! How fun to have the same birthday as Dr. Seuss!!! Happy Birthday Tara!!

    ♥ Jen
    The Teachers' Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Thanks for all that you share! I'm new to blogging and enjoy following you. :)

    ~Mimi
    5thGradeRocks5thGradeRules

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Glad your tesing is done! Mine starts next week.
    :( Enjoy your day and your time up to SPRING BREAK! (Where has the year gone?)

    Jennifer
    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! :) And I think I'm with your kiddos- I have spring break fever too!!! :) Love your cutie Truffula Trees!!!!

    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!!!! :)
    Love your room -- so cute and I'm so happy for you that it's back to normal. :)
    Love the treats you gave your kiddos -- how fun!!!!!
    Spring Break does not start for us until the last week of March and the first week of April. I can't wait.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those fruit loop and marshmallow hats!!!
    Happy birthday!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Dear Tara...
    {sing to tune from line three of Birthday song!}

    I love that you and Dr. S. are almost birthday twins.

    And I love your room! So much fun and learning and goodness (or as you would say, "yumminess")
    : )
    A chalkboard? WOW. Haven't seen one of those in a while!

    I'm glad that one round of testing is behind you and that your Spring Break is around the corner!

    Enjoy your special day...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO much Seusstastic fun!!! Your hats came out super!!!!!!

    I gave your blog an award!!!
    Come grab it http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2012/03/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great ideas for Dr. Seuss!! Love them all, and your blog is great! I'm new to blogging and I'd love for you to visit mine and give me any pointers you may have! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also just gave you an award. Stop by to check it out!
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy happy birthday!
    I seriously love your blog. It has made me more excited about teaching and renewed my love for fourth grade. Thank you SO much!
    And I'd love a photoshoot of your entire classroom. Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday Tara!!

    I just headed over to your TN store and downloaded some more of your fabulous goodies! Can't wait to use them with my kiddos!!! Thanks for all of the amazing inspiration you provide!! And thanks also for your sweet comments on my blog! I really appreciate it!

    P.S. I second Kelly's classroom photoshoot idea! :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top