New Literacy Unit and New Blog!!

I am oh so excited to share with you all in bloggy land that I have completed my first unit for my stores!!!  I have a confession to make......as I would sit and look at all the wonderful things everyone else made, I would think.....yeah.....I probably can't do that....not that big........and then I was jealous of all the K-2 teachers who could make all the cute stuff and there's soooooo much to choose from.  I have still been struggling with finding stuff to use with my 4thsies (yep, not a word), so decided to give making a unit a try:)

Well, I did it and I am so excited about it.  I used the adorable graphics from Nikki at Melonheadz.  If you don't know who she is, you must go check out her work!  She is an absolute doll to work with:))


It is Charlotte's Web themed but was made to be used with any stories or chapter books:)
Here is what all is included:
Word sort with Wilbur - er/ur/ir
21 words



Antonyms -
16 pairs of antonyms


Sentence practice:


Main Idea and Details:


Figurative Language - Idioms


Vocabulary Practice and Word Webs -
8 words with definitions or use your own


So there you have it!  There are black and white copies of everything included in the unit:))
It's at my TPT (HERE) and
TN (HERE) stores:) 

I also wanted to take a sec to introduce a new blog....well, she's new to me and absolutely wonderful and a fellow 4th grade teacher and has the super cutest, yummiest ideas that I am stealing and........well, you get the idea!! 
Lessons with Laughter
Her name is Molly and her blog is Lessons with Laughter.  So pop over and say HI!

17 comments

  1. Looks so cute!!!..even if the story makes me cry =(
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Tara!! This looks awesome!!! Congrats on your first unit :) :) :)
    Totally love the word 4thsies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Word! This is A-Dor-A-Ble!! Yes, that required weird typing...I'm so happy to see a 4thsies unit. Yep, now that I've used the word a third time for you (thanks, Kristen for #2), it's officially a word :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

    Seriously, I'm thinking my next read aloud with be Charlotte's Web just so I can purchase this!

    Great job!

    Oh- and I love Lessons with Laughter, too :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks amazing!!! I am texting my girlfriend RIGHT NOW because she is wanting to read CW to her kiddos and this is so PERFECT for her!!! YAY and thanks for directing me to a new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first unit for sale!! I feel the same way you do, by the way, so haven't even thought about doing my own stuff. :) It looks FANTASTIC!!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! Your unit looks fabulous. {That story make me cry, too.}
    ❤Traci❤
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!!! I am wiping away a tear of joy and happiness as you my little butterfly have started stretching your wings and flying! Oh sorry been reading a little too many devotionals lately!
    But seriously! I am SO proud and excited! I know you wanted it BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aweee Tara, thank you so, so much!!! You are so sweet and that seriously made me SO happy to read your post and see that you mentioned me!! Wow, lots of so's, but that's how I am feeling right now! Extremely grateful and excited! :)

    Also CONGRATS on making your first unit!! I love all of your other goodies and this looks amazing as well! Heading over right now to check it out!

    Thanks again, you are the best!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new unit looks FANTASTIC!!! Cheers to lots and lots of sales and sharing your wonderful ideas with teachers and students all over!

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job! I know exactly how you feel. I don't do centers so my units are obviously not going to include them! You gotta make stuff you can use too! and her blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your unit, but as a computer lab teacher I see so many students even in 4th and 5th grades that do not have a firm grasp on correct capitalization and punctuation that I am a bit of a nut about it. Your font is cute, cute, cute, but - I would love to see teachers ALWAYS setting a good example of how to use capitals and punctuation. Just my pet peeve, but I don't think it would change the appeal of your unit and increase the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So proud of you!!! It came out GREAT!!! I feel the same way!!! I keep getting email notifications when the sellers I follow upload new items. They are just amazing!! They upload things every day!!! I would take me forever to make units and to make them look cute. Not to mention it's much easier when you teach K-3 then big kids.

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW. And WOW. And, by the way... WOW.

    It would take me FOR.EVER. to do this (and I'd probably erase it at least twice while I was trying to post it for sale!)

    So... sweet Tara, I never officially thanked you for the LOVELY award, so I am doing that now. Formally even:

    Thank you for considering my blog worthy of an award. Although this “Thank you” message is arriving late, it is still sent with heartfelt gratitude!

    http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/2012/03/make-up-homework-part-1.html

    Coming from you, it was like getting a GIANT hug. It really meant a lot to me. And, as you know, your timing was perfect.

    Thanks for being my BloggyBuddy...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top