Sharing Help and Love

Living in Florida, we rarely see tornadoes, we have hurricanes.  I have seen first hand the devastation that can cause.  During that time I also saw total strangers band together to help.  I saw people driving door to door to help cut apart huge trees, deliver food and water.  I volunteered in our church as truck load after truck load of donations poured in, we unloaded and organized, handed out little bags full of "life's essentials", toothbrush, washcloth, things we tend to take for granted. 

Well, it's time for total strangers to reach out and help the many affected by the devastating tornadoes that tore across 5 different states on March 2.  I am linking up with Crystal at Kreative in Kinder to do just that.  I am donating products my TPT store to those that need or can use them and when I get back from spring break, I am going to dig into my closet and cabinets and see if there is anything else I can donate.

I will leave you with this quote.  I absolutely love it and I think it applies to this very well.  After I read The Lorax to my kiddos, I was thinking about how very powerful this statement is, and not just for saving  trees.  I told my kiddos that it applies to everything in your life, your schoolwork and grades, your rooms, helping your parents, the list goes on.  If you apply it to your life daily...wow!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
                                   Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

I am so grateful to work with such a caring group of people that stretch across blogland!!

4 comments

  1. So sweet Tara! You have inspired me this morning to go and check out how I can donate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a family outing to a matinee showing of The Lorax yesterday - SO powerful! Perfect quote for this situation.

    Sending smiles from TX and wishes for a happy break!

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  3. sent you a happy to your inbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just awarded you with the One Lovely Blog Award!

    http://ericashep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top