A Little Earth Day and Dreams Come True!

Hi gang!!  Testing DONE!!!  I made it, my kids made it!!!  Wohoo!!!

Now.....be me for just a sec!  I'm tired, I'm stressed, I'm worried about my littles cuz I can see the drain on their little faces that this testing week has put there.......So imagine my JOY, surprise, shock, JOY, excitement, revived energy, and JOY when I get home Thursday night to receive an email inviting me to join TBA as an author!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can ya tell I'm a little excited?!!  This is a bloggy dream come true!!  You can see my intro post at TBA

                                                                  

So, with my renewed energy and the test behind me, I searched, thought, and brainstormed (scary....just me with the brainstorm.......yep, me and my coffee) to come up with some activities for some Earth Day learning fun!  Of course all I had planned didn't get done, some not even started , but we will finish Monday.  I still wanted to share what's in the making:)

We started our day with the cutest Earth Day video and then from there, started an Earth Day anchor chart.....(still under construction).  After we talked about all the things we should do DAILY for the Earth (not just on Earth Day), I had the kids make cards and write letters to the Earth.  Kind of like their promise to do their part.






There are still a few kiddos finishing up and they are turning out super cute!  The letters are adorable.  They had to start it with 
Dear Earth,
They took it very seriously and were super thoughtful in their "promises".  We will be finishing up a few other     
activities on Monday, so check back.  We also started Lit. Circles yesterday and they LOVED them so, I'll be posting about that soon:D 
Have a blessed weekend all!!

29 comments

  1. Congrats on become a TBA contributor!
    I already love your blog and found out yesterday that I'm teaching fourth grade next year! I can't to dig through your archives. :)
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean becoming a Tba contributor! Not enough coffee!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lisa! I love teaching 4th!!! I'm sure you will love it too!!! Let me know if I can help at all:)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is so exciting and must make you feel so worthy and fulfilled. I get a high just from someone leaving me a message! I can imagine your high must be so much greater! You so deserve this. Enjoy this warm fuzzy feeling.

    Patty

    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty! That's too sweet!

      Delete
  3. YAY! Welcome to TBA. I welcome our new bloggers, and I am so happy to welcome you as one of our new Authors. Your earth day cards are so super cute too. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so blessed to have you on board, Tara!! Whoo-Hoo! I am so excited:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much Annie and Sydney! I am soooo excited too!!

      Delete
  5. Woo hoo!! Congrats Tara! That is so exciting!!! I guess I will have to be stopping by there more frequently to look for your posts! And I love your adorable Earth Day letters!! They are super cute! Where did you get that fun "E" from?

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly!!! I made the "E" and will gladly email it to you if you want it:)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on you new authorship!! ( is that a word?) Your earth day projects are great, I would love to read what some of them wrote:))

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Earth Day cards! Such a cute idea :)

    Congrats on becoming a TBA author!!

    Teaching in the Early Years

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! These earth day cards are awesome.

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Earth Day cards came out so great! Congrats on becoming a new author!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on tba!!
    Love your Earth Day cards!! What video did you show your class?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Tara!!! You will be such an awesome addition! And, WOO HOO for being done with testing! We have our last state test this week, and I'm SO ready to be finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you totally deserve it!!!! woo-hooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    Congrats! I have followed your blog for awhile. I love everything you do in your class and all of your ideas! So cute. Is there any way I could get a copy of the E. thanks,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,
      Would love to send you a copy but need your email:)

      Delete
    2. Mkeklund@yahoo.com. Thanks so much for sharing!
      Kathy

      Delete
  14. YAY Tara - congrats and welcome aboard the TBA train! I'm SO excited that you're joining us as an author because you've got SO much to share with our readers!!

    Sending smiles,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barbara!!! I am oh so excited:))

      Delete
  15. Guess what my partner teacher (who teaches science to my class...and does not blog) was doing yesterday?????????????


    YOUR EARTH DAY LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!! Complete with the cute old E on the front.

    I said, "I KNOW where you found THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    I don't know who was more excited, her for finding them, or MEEEEEEEEEEEEE for knowing where they came from and to know it was one of my very FAVORITE blog buddies.

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Elizabeth!!! I think I'm more excited than both of you!!! LOL

      Delete
  16. Excuse me, please get off your blog and skype me!!!
    PS your blog is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yey!!!! Congrats friend!!! SO excited for you!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post and congrats! I was wondering if you are selling the template for your Earth cards! I would LOVE to do this with my students.

    Thanks!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top