Randomness, Ugh, and Testing

Hello all!  I am here....just haven't had the bloggy spirit this week.....it has been a week...............I have been computerless (a word?????) until today....my computer crashed Monday morning, first thing!  Not fun!!!  Learn from my mistake..................now repeat after me.................................................................................

"I shall backup my computer, I shall backup my computer, I shall backup my computer!"

I hadn't.....at least not super recently but God sent "a technology angel" who was able to save all my stuff!  All:)))  Did you hear me???  ALL!  Thought I would die thinking I had lost all my stuff (art, creations, downloads, pics, purchases.....) 

So, one more time to make sure you have it....." I shall backup my computer!"

Getting back my computer without losing everything has been the sunshine of my week....just got it fixed today:)

My girl got the phone call that her labrum(in her shoulder) is torn:(((  We will find out next week how bad the tear is and if she needs surgery:(  That has been a HUGE bummer this week!  So with that, the computer crash, and a few other poopy things I haven't been in bloggy mood!!  So that is the UGH section of my post!


Testing Section:
We have been doing the final "polish" to prepare for that wonderful state test that starts next week.  The kiddos have been working hard and I know we will all be super happy when it is alllllllll over!!!  I had all kinds of super cute stuff downloaded and pinned to make for them but have run out of time without the computer.  I was able to throw these cuties together.
I got them from The Polka Dotted Teacher.  Great little pre-test reminders and each little bag has 3 rolls of smarties for my smarties:D
My classroom is back to ugly, sad testing room.  I have started stripping the walls of everything that HAS to come down.  I glued up some butterflies today so everything didn't look so naked:)  Did I say, can't wait until testing is over???

Finally the random section of this post....I wanted to show a pic of my super cute book recommendation tree.  Adorable idea from Lessons with Laughter.
Now, I'm being kind of a stickler when it comes to adding to this tree.......in order for them to fill out a recommendation, they have to take an AR test and pass it first.  (I just want to make sure they have read the book.)  So there are a few recommendations and more to come.  I totally love this addition to the classroom.  It's fun, colorful, and one thing I DON'T have to take down for that stinkin test!!

Now, I have TONS of catching up to do in blog stalking and a few emails to write to some super sweet bloggy buds who actually missed me in blogland:) 
Thanks!!

9 comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear all of this Tara!! Your poor girl, I hope things work out ok! I will be sending positive thoughts for a quick heal and no surgery.

    And the computer, ugh what a nightmare. So glad you got everything back you needed.

    I hope things look up this weekend for you--your work looks as fabulous as always. Take care and talk to you later!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the book tree - how cute is that!!! I feel your pain stripping down the classroom - the only thing that makes it bearable for me is that our test is so late in the year (beginning of June), I'm pretty tempted to leave most of it down until the end of the year before the big clean up.
    My sister just called me tonight (well, actually my computer programmer husband) in a panic because her computer just died, and she hadn't backed it up, either. Needless to say, my husband will be pretty busy for the next few nights. ;)

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have had a difficut week, but you have totally made mine! I am so excited to see my Smarties on your blog! Thank you!

    Wishing you a relaxing week and a better next week!

    Jessica
    The Polka-dotted Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Backing up is SO important! I had my laptop stolen out of my car in my driveway two months ago. I lost ALL my files that I had created since changing grades. I cried for 2 hours. Back up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your computer! I too have fallen victim of a crash yesterday. My computer didn't completely klunk, but it was disappointing either way. Glad you didn't lose everything! Hope you get your groove back girlfriend...hehehe...I have to say that I have been a little oblivious about what is going on in the blogging world because I have been trying to be very focused...hehehe


    Glad you are back!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAYYYY!!! So glad that you got your computer fixed and didn't lose all of your things!!! That is so amazing!! And your tree is looking good! Thank goodness you will be able to keep it up for testing for some color and happiness! That is so cute that you put up butterflies too!! I love it! So glad you are back! :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how scary about your computer!! I love the book recommendation tree! I would love to visit your classroom...you have the cutest things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our computer crashed last fall--horrible experience! "Hurray" that you were able to retrieve everything :-).
    I hope your daughter does not need extensive surgery. Is she in pain?

    I wrote about our kindergarten testing; funny and sad. Good luck to all of you!!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top