Baggies + Duct Tape = Fun Quilt!

Hi everyone!!!  Ok, so I only cried 3 times today....that's good, right???  (If you haven't read in the past few days, I'm crying because I'm sad my kiddos are almost done, not because I'm crazy!!!  Or in Farley terms...cray cray)

I mean it's more than yesterday but less than 5........so, I'm thinking that's good!!!  Miss Squirrels says hormones are to blame.........and stress, and tons to do and cleaning and, and.....

Anywho, focus.......and here we go......I made this quite a while ago and just plain old forgot about it (it's hanging in the front office, not my room, so I forgot......very easy for me to do.......out of sight, out of mind.....and with me you can add, out of mouth, out of mind, meaning as soon as I say it, it's forgotten:(  so sad, I know).

 I found the idea in a book by The Bag Ladies.  As soon as I saw it, I just knew I had to make one!!
The duct tape comes in so many fun colors, you can make it to match about anything!!  So all this is is the gallon sized baggies and duct tape.  That's it:)  The Bag Ladies instructions are super easy. 

Once you make your quilt, you can fill it with anything!!  We just put in a new (Pinterest inspired) activity that we had done last week.  Since The Book Whisperer and teaching my kiddos to love to read again instead of reading as  a job, I had them make a list of all the reasons they read.  Then they picked out little circles I punched out of paint sample cards and wrote their reasons on them.  Then glued them on and they were done:)

I think they turned out pretty neat:D




Here are a few of my faves:))))))










So put this quilt on your summer bucket list:)  I'm gonna have to make a new one with black and white and pink!!




17 comments

  1. I saw this idea too & absolutely love it! Definitely on my to do list for next year!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute quilt!! And I love me some decorative and fun duct tape!!!!

    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something 

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great because you can keep it up all year and just change out the work. Awesome!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I found my copy of the Book Whisperer again...never got to read it so it's a must do on my summer reading list!

    Oh hey, I couldn't find an e-mail to contact you about my blogiversary giveaway, I just need the name of what you're donating and a pic if you have it :) Thanks!

    ttlusty07@yahoo.com


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool idea! Thanks for sharing!! ~Heidi V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! With all the different colors (and styles) of duct tape now, the possibilities are endless! Plus it makes for an easy hallway display :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tara:
    Love this!
    I might need an actual tutor...
    California?!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! This is on my list for next year! :) Thanks for posting it!

    Josh
    Mr. B's Beach Brains

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!! Definitely adding this to my summer bucket list! And I think I saw some glitter duct tape at Michaels!! Although I will have to find a place to hang it! ha! I also love their "I Read Because..." projects! What a great idea to end off a fun year of loving reading!! Can't wait to do these with my kiddos!!!

    Oh, and I'm with Kim! California trip maybe this summer?! :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am picturing the bag and cutesy duct tape in the dimensions of my door! Work will be easy to change and I could velcro or commmand strip the quilt!! You share some great ideas!
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a new follower of your blog! Just stopping by from the giveaway at A Teacher's Treasure!

    Joni @ Kinderkidsfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I am trying to figure out how to make this. What kind of bags did you use? How do you get the papers in the bags?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Which book was it from? I am looking for the directions. I'm hoping it is in the book I just bought.

    Teresa
    Teresa
    Confessions of a Teaching Junkie
    Find me on Facebook!
    Follow me on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just about to ask how you attached the quilt to the wall when I saw someone comment on using velcro! Right now mine is hanging up there with a few pieces of tape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top