Made It is ON and Classroom Finds

Holy Moly Oly!!!!!  (yes Mr. Spell checker, that is a word.....at least in my book, more like a phrase but...)

People, you are all so sweet and awesome and amazing and guess what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WE ARE DOING "MONDAY MADE IT" LINKIES EVERY MONDAY:)))))))))
(ok, sorry for the all caps.......I just had an Oprah moment....."you get a car and you get a car and everyone gets a car"........heehee.......I wish!  I want my lovely followers to know I would do it if I could....in a sec;)  )

Anywho, your response to Monday Made It was so awesome and lots of requests to make it a linky, so peeps, drag out the craft kits, mod podge, and plug in those glue guns.........IT'S ON:D
I am soosooooooo excited!!!!  We will all be inspiring each other and be one crafty, inspired, bunch AND when the new school year rolls around, we are ready!!!!

For the linky, all I ask is that if it was an inspiration from someone else, please give credit and link to them if possible:)  I'm also going to ask that for sure, you have to have something classroom/school related to share AND if you want to add a home edition as well, that's fine.  It is summer and we are human.  I know these are teaching blogs BUT a little other inspiration is awesome too.  Hope that's ok and I'm not breaking any bloggy rules......teachers have life outside of teaching.....so teachery/classroom thing for sure to share, a home craft if you want:D

I have to confess the pressure is on even more now to come up with something and make it and, and, and.....I'm telling you now so you can plan and prepare.....and think and make.....and take cute pics....

if only we could all meet every Monday with coffee and chat......well, let's pretend.  Yep, after you link up, grab your coffee and we'll all visit!

Other news........smack me......I have read all year about people finding yummy things at Hobby Lobby and cried like a baby that there isn't one in Florida....even thought I did a google search....well guess what?  I think there are 2, one about 40 minutes from me and the better news....they are building one about 8 blocks from me!!!!!!  Woot woot!!!  So, daughter and I had a girls day to go check it out.............word of advise!!!!  Warning!!!!  Don't go there without a list or a game plan.........squirrel anyone?????  It wasn't pretty.......I mean the store was but my head wasn't!!!!  I couldn't think or focus or remember what I wanted to make/do.....................sad.....so sad:(

I did manage to focus in the clearance area.....well, that wasn't hard with my black/white theme and these darlins staring at me:
All on clearance....gotta love that:)  These are going to look awesome here:
I'm going to line them across the top of the cubbies...that will really pull some b/w there:)  Still thinking about what books I will put in them....want to have one for author studies for sure.....so excited!!

I also found some new super fun duct tape......you know what will be coming up soon with this.....a new quilt.  If you didn't see my first one, you can check it out here.  Who knew that duct tape could come in such fun colors!!!!  Scary where this might end up....I might go duct tape crazy!!
Happy Thursday to all!!!  I know some are still in school.....sorry.....others are enjoying summer, Yeah:)
Not sure if I will be posting again until the Monday Made It (I will be so busy, busy craftin!!!)  If I don't, have a blessed weekend and see ya all Monday for our first Monday Made It Linky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

       SO EXCITED!!!!

16 comments

  1. Yay! I am so happy you decided to do the Linky! Thanks! Now I have to get busy!!!!
    Heather
    Mrs. Shelton’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the linky on Monday. No hobby lobby her in new Orleans area, Michaels craft store is the closest. Looking forward to finding some inspiration this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one about 10 min from me... Hubby takes me there when he wants to either cheer or butter me up haha! I have been seriously tempted to get a weekend job there just for the discount!

    Super excited about the pinterest linky... Off to decide what to make first!

    Every New Beginning Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found out that they are opening a hobby lobby near me - so excited! I've never been, but have heard such great things about it!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited about the linky! I will really hold me accountable to the summer things I want to create for my classroom!
    On a side note, if you feel overwhelmed to come up with something new every Monday, you could possibly ask for guest posters on some Mondays...just a thought. :)
    Hobby Lobbys are great, what fabulous finds! While I have many within a half hour drive, I often forget to go! There is a Michaels just seconds from my house and I love their app, as it always loads the 40% coupon they have in their sale ad!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeeeeeee YAY YAY YAY!! So excited Tara!! I just posted yesterday about how we all were trying to convince you to make it a linky! haha! Now I'm going to have to get busy crafting!!
    I don't know what I would do without a Hobby Lobby! I go there, like, twice a week haha! So excited for this summer series!!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so loved reading your posts this morning. You crack me up! The crafty linky is a brilliant idea (I am taking note) and I am still chuckling about the kiddo who went under the bathroom stalls. I get at least one of those bathroom turkeys EVERY year!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hobby Lobby does make ones head spin...in a good way! I have one down the street here in FL, but avoid it at all cost...a little dangerour to go in! I am excited about "Monday made it" link! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to the linky. I don't think I will be crafting anything, but I love to see everyones idea's!! Okay I don't think we have a Hobby Lobby here in Hawaii, but we do have a Michaels!(I will have to check out that app!) When I first moved here 10 years ago there was no Target!! I was ready to move back to CA, lol!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Hobby Lobby! Michael's is great too. Don't they have another store down south that is really similar? I feel like I remember being in one but I don't know what it was. I really want to join Make It Monday... but I'll have to be making chinsey things since I don't have an actual job (or much actual money) just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hobby Lobby is so awesome! They just opened one last week right down the road from me. I could've cried tears of joy. Nothing compares to Hobby Lobby. I'm excited about your Monday Made It! I'm looking forward to joining in the fun!! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am excited about the linky too!! I have some summer crafting plans and I also think this will be a good way to hold me accountable! :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too live in Florida. I am going to have to Google it to see where the other location is. (Crossing my fingers it is by me). Love the black and white things you found. I am going to have to reminder your linky. Can't wait.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited-now I need to make a game plan! I'm right smack dab in the middle of painting my classroom right now so I better get to planning! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw those bins in the clearance area but had no idea what to do with them. I was looking for "turn it in baskets" and never switched to "featured book baskets" OH how I love that idea. I am gonna have to go get some. Never saw frames on clearance. Already had to go back for more ribbon and glue sticks and oh so much fun!! Mondays - huh? Well I will have to move some posts around but you are on! Now where is the cute button to go with it?

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome!!! I can't wait to see everyone's ideas and link up myself (if school ever ends!!!!!). I LOVE your finds...you always buy the best classroom decor! Ok, I'm off to catch up on your other posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top