Mother's Day Fun - Last Minute, that's Me!!

Hi all!  This is going to be a super quick post....I am way behind on reading blogs, housework, laundry, lesson plans.......it just feels like life in general!  I have had 2 of the worst migraines these past 2 days in a row that have pretty much kept me from doing anything.....:(((

Good news, so far today, no headache.......

I wanted to share with you the gifts my kiddos made for their mommas!  Now to say I am going a million different directions this time of year is an understatement (possibly the cause of my headaches...)....so even though the words Mother's Day came out of my mouth a few times this week, I was a total spaz and didn't plan anything!!!!!!  What's wrong with me?!?!?!

Thank the Lord for the blog world and Dana at 3rd Grade Gridiron.  I was in a panic and scanning blogland for  something for my kiddos to do that would be different and fun and came across Dana's post on Classroom DIY about decorating tiles with markers.  Here's how some of ours turned out:)





The kids loved making them and they turned out great!!  Go check out Dana's post  to get directions:)

Now I'm off to garden!!  I want to wish everyone is blogland and all my bloggy friends a happy and blessed Mother's Day!!

10 comments

  1. I love the tiles!! I did them too, I learned about them years back on Proteacher and I love how easy they are!! I was bad though and didn't take any pics...we were finishing them up and heading out on a fieldtrip yesterday.

    I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done this with 2nd graders before and it is a great craft. Minimal mess.

    I even made one for my own mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tiles are a great idea! :) Hope you are relaxing on this Saturday. I am ignoring my full washer, dryer, and laundry hamperS. It's a total standoff around here.
    I am going to win this weekend but that will result in a loss for me during the week when genius boy is wearing my socks....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you don't have a headache today! Happy Mother's Day!
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute gifts!!!!!!! :) Last minute is okay by me. I'm always a last minute girl.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tiles. Don't worry, my mother's day gift was last minute too and didn't turn out nearly as cute as yours! Happy Mother's Day!

    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey... we make the same things.. but with clothespins so they stand up and hold notes. Yours turned out very cute.
    ❤Traci❤
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO sorry to hear about your migraines. I suffer from them too and totally feel your pain! Hope they stay away now/ The tiles turned out cute!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad the headache is GONE! Those gifts were so cute!!

    Have a great Mother's Day!!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top