Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Memories and Me FREEBIE

Yep, that's right.....I said FREEBIE!  Gotta love a freebie!

When I was in elementary school.....I'm thinking 3rd grade.....we made memory books and I still have mine.  They were called Warm Fuzzy books and all they consisted of was small square pieces of construction paper....you just took your pieces around and had your classmates write something on them.  Then we punched 2 holes and yarned (Mr. Spell checker.....um, could you just leave me alone???)  them up.  That was back in the day when we didn't have computers or clip art or blogging or..........I'm not that old people..........I'm sure there must have been some sort of computers.....just not in my teeny, tiny farm town up in Illinois (population 1300....tiny)......anywho, I wanted a little memory book for my kiddos to work on before we are done.  (cry......tears......sob......sniff.......)  I have seen some really cute ones in blog land but had some specific questions I wanted answers to...so little old O.C.D. me had to make one for my peeps and decided to share it with you all!

Adorable graphics are from KPM Doodles.  
KPM Doodles

I hate, hate wasting paper so I tend to do 2 pages per one sheet of paper.  (I know that sounds weird but you get it, right???  That's 2 journal pages...)
This little memory book has 8 pages with prompts so they can reflect (hopefully) on their school year and write some thoughtful responses.  Here's a peek:

I'm also hoping this is something they will hold on to, like I still have mine, and look back in and SMILE!!  If you would like a copy you can grab it at my TPT store HERE.  Leave me some love if it's something you can use:)
   Happy Tuesday!!!

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Love that it focuses on school-related topics. We can use this in second grade since we use 'grown-up' lined paper!

    Left you FB on TpT, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I am going to have my kids work on one prompt per day till the last day of school! I know they will love reading it and I will definitely enjoy reading what they have to say!

    Thanks for the freebie :)

    ThirdGradeIsAHoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your memory book! It's great. Thanks for sharing. I popped over from A Teacher's Treasure but I had already seen your memory book on TpT. It's perfect.
    pfulk@cox.net
    First Class Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I'm hunting for end of the year stuff, so this is great :) Thanks!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Tara! We unfortunately didn't get to much fun stuff at the end of this year since we were scrambling to finish up our year-end assessments. I'll have to plan better for next year!

    Josh
    Mr. B's Beach Brains

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for Illinois! I teach in a farm-ish town (lots of farms but none of my students live on one) but our population is 9000. So, definitely not as tiny as your town!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. I mentioned your activity in my blog post tonight. I also created an end of the year activity. It is a "School Year Survival Guide." Please check it out.

    ~April @ ideabackpack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exactly what I needed to finish off the year next week! You are a lifesaver. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete