Monday Made It #12

I must work well under pressure!  Last week, on MONDAY, I told myself I was gonna get a jump on my Made Its for the week and not wait until the last minute again........

and then Tuesday happened, and Wednesday, and then Thursday...............
and before I know it, it's Saturday and I am spazzin out because I'm gonna be gone most of the day Sunday to see my daughter and nothing is done.........................................................!  But I did it!!!

So here we go:)

My first Made It isn't really a "Made It".....more like a "Put it Together"......I wanted to put together some little goodie bags for my daughter and her roommates.
So each little pencil pouch has some pens, pencils, post its, and a ring pop:)
They also got a little clipboard with a cute notepad:)

Now on to the classroom Made Its............

Classroom Made It #1:
I've been wanting a To Do list that I have been seeing lots of for a while but didn't have time to make one.  Then I came upon this cutie at Monday Made It last week and loved it!!!  It's from Jessica at Apples and Papers and you can get it here.  So super cute and it matches my colors too!!!  

Classroom Made It #2:
I saw this idea for a Squishy Bag at Play At Home Mom LLC and loved it for a sensory activity.
 
I put duct tape around it in hopes of making it more sturdy.  We will see how it goes.  I know I had fun playing with it:)

Classroom Made It #3:
These adorable pins were a freebie from Tonya at Tonya's Treats for Teachers.  I LOVE them!!!  They are fun and colorful and did I mention...FREE!!  

The buttons I got from Target dollar spot and the little tub to put them in came from there too!
 
Can't wait to share these with my kiddos!!!

Classroom Made It #4:
I finally made my own shared writing journals.  Goofy me forgot all about them until I saw them on other blogs for Made Its.  So now they are set to go for our Work on Writing.


Classroom Made It #5:
I made a Daily 5 rotation board similar to my Math Workshop board.
 
This goes with the group tags I made last week.  
Remember, I do my Daily 5 different and because of time constraints and other reasons, my kids have free choice within their activity but not free choice of when they go to what......does that make sense???

Ok......I think I'm done.....lol!
Before I go.....I have had a lot of questions about the name posters I shared about last week:

They were super easy to make.  I made them in powerpoint using Wordart.  The font was grobold.  I put one per page and just blew them up to take up the whole page.  I used the wordart that was outline only so it would be blank in the middle.  Once you have the name typed and on the page, you can format (or it might say edit) the wordart....that's where you can make the outline thicker.  Hope this helps:)

Can't wait to get more wonderful ideas from everyone!  Thanks for linking up:)  Grab my button and some ideas and of course your coffee:))







24 comments

  1. Tara,

    Did you color these yourself or color them in on Word Art?

    Traci
    The Benders Bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids colored the name posters:) If you're talking about my Daily 5 rotations, I did that in word art with digital papers I bought.

      Delete
    2. I had the same question. I tried and tried to mimic what had been done to the names. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wow.....you have been busy! I can't wait to find time to make the name posters. Thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the gel activity with my pre-k students. We used it as part of our rainbow and colors unit and used to to learn about how mixing certain colors makes new colors.

    ~Jenna
    Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sensory bag is a wonderful idea....added it to my weekend project list :) I emailed you the Word Work worksheets from the Monday Made it I posted about last week. I sent them in 3 emails since there were so many. Hope you got them and hope they work for you!!

    Lisa
    Super Pig and Tyrant King

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to do the Daily 5 (well, daily 3!) the same as you. They get choice within the activity but I will choose the rotations simply because of time constraints and what I am required to do with my kiddos.

    I love those name poster and may just have to do them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the font name and advice for the name tags. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out! I hope your kids love them!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a good mom. I'm sure your daughter and her friends loved the little gifts.

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, how do you make so many cute goodies while working?! Today was my first day back and I was proud to have cooked dinner and cleaned up before 6:00 pm. After that, I haven't been worth a dime! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you never cease to amaze!! I can't believe all those cute and functional things you made. DURING SCHOOL!!! Your daily 5 does make sense and I like that idea a lot. Thanks for everything this summer Tara...it's been so much fun to take part in and read these each Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your made-its are great! I always make the name things for my kids too! They are so fun and cute!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your MMI's are fab this week! I'm super bummed that I came home from traveling and went to post my link, and the linky is closed! :(

    Heather
    Peacocks & Penguins

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I can't keep up :) I love your little surprised for your daughter and her roommates:) What a great mom you are!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did you make the name fill the slide in Power Point?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE LOVE all your stuff!!! I am trying to make the name posters and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the name to take up the whole slide. I drag the box and it just makes the box bigger but not the name. Changing the font size isn't helping either...help please! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful ideas! I just saw Amy's post above mine asking the same thing and I'm Amy too...weird! Thanks, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will your daily 5 rotation board ever be in your tpt store?

    ReplyDelete
  17. How did you blow up the word art to fill the whole slide?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Same question, how did you get it to take up the whole page. I can't get mine large enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it in powerpoint and just increased the font size until they each filled a page.

      Delete
  19. any chance you could give a little more detail on how to do the word art in powerpoint. love the idea and they look awesome and was just trying to do it and had no luck:( please share if you can make the time. thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found this tutorial. I had the same questions. Hope this helps!

      https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Insert-WordArt-c5070583-1ebe-4dc4-a41f-5e3729adce54

      Delete

Back to Top