Work on Writing and Math Finds!!!

Just a quick post with some fun finds for my classroom.  I have spent so much time preparing for Isaac that of course, Monday Made It is not done......I'm getting there.  I have come to the conclusion that I have WAY too many plants, pots, do-dads, and items in my yard that all have to be carried in when a hurricane is coming.  Not fun.  The good news is, it looks like it's moving further away from us although we will have tropical storm force winds and rain, better than a hurricane and I'm sick for anyone it is hitting:(.

School is canceled for tomorrow so I will hopefully have a minute to catch up with some bloggy buds and read some posts that I am oh so behind on......

Ok, on to my finds......(in honor of my bud Elizabeth at Fun in Room 4B......now I find things for your linky!!!)

I love to go to Goodwill and look for Scrabble tiles, dominoes, and any other goodies I could adapt to use in my classroom.  Well I found this.....
I have never heard of it before but anything that has Math fact practice.....um hello, I'm there!!!!
 
The kiddos can practice multiplication, addition, division, and subtraction:)  The only thing missing was 1 die...I have all kinds of those:)  $1.99!!!!!!  SCORE!!!!!  This will be too fun for the Math Facts center in our Math Workshop:)

Next Find was this yummy:
Rory's Story Cubes
I tripped over these at Walgreens the other day!  $6.99 each.  They only had 2:/  I so love these and how wonderful will they be for Work on Writing.  There are so many possibilities for writing creativity!!!  Can't wait to use them.  I'm hoping to find a few more sets:)
and there you have my fun finds for writing and math.  

If you are in the path of this storm be safe!  See you back here tomorrow for Monday Made It!!



13 comments

  1. Love your finds! Looks like we are in the path here in southern Louisiana. I am south of New Orleans. We have been preparing today for the storm and am now just waiting to see if we will have school tomorrow. If not, we are driving a little North to stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm preparing too! I'm in the panhandle. Hoping it will not be too devastating wherever it ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to go to Walgreens!! Those story cubes are great! Hope the hurricane stays far away from you!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted those story cubes! If you really want more, I know they're around $7 or $8 on amazon.

    Good luck with Isaac! Stay safe!!

    fourthgradelemonade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen these cubes at Target, also. They were in the same area as Uno, etc...

    Stay safe and enjoy the day off! Hope you still have electricity!

    Kristin
    Teachntex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our 2nd grade math teacher has the Countdown game and she let me use it a few years back when I was tutoring a student of hers. I love Goodwill for great finds, but our store usually has things priced too high for me to spend. I think you got a great deal!

    Keep safe during the storm. We're suppose to get the rain here in Ohio by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I told you to pack up and come here...and now you had an extra day you could have spent up here...hehe. I'm so glad to hear that Isaac isn't heading your way. I am way jealous of the math game you found. I love Goodwill. Enjoy your day catching up.

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the game that you found! I'm sure it will be a big hit in your class! I have not watched the weather this afternoon, but even here in central AL they were giving hurricane force winds and possible tornadoes. Keep safe!

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those story cubes! I need to look for them!

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always buying books for my classroom!! :) Love me some books!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have the story cubes at home, and my kiddos (4 and 2) love them, so I'm sure fourth graders will too! I got some cool story circles from MindWare last year. They are basically the same thing, but with way more pictures, and they are on circle cards instead of dice. My students fought over them! Mostly the boys, too, which I was super excited about. I put them in my writing station and the kids could use them for story starters if they got stuck. I hope your students like them too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought a set of the story cubes at Walmart! I'm super excited to use them (tomorrow is my first day with kiddos!) and will be returning to get a few more once I get paid! Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found the story cubes on Amazon! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top