Friday, February 15, 2013

Five for Friday Linky:)

Hello all!!!
I am joining Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky party.  I have been wanting to do this one for a while but can never seem to get my act together!!!  Well I'm joining, but my act still isn't together...lol.
fiveforfriday
 
 
Here are 5 random things from my week and I mean random:)
 
 
1.  This is how my week started (Sunday counts, right?)  We went to my daughter's college to meet the new boyfriend (love him!) and watch them play volleyball in a "Sweet Heart Beach Tourney".  They got second:)  It was awesome! 
BUT, spent all day at Lacrosse (Saturday with my son) and all day Sunday at my daughter's college SO, I have been feeling like the mouse on the wheel......all week! 
 Always behind, never catching up!!!
 
 

 
2. These are a sneak preview of a post I'm going to do later.  These are Social Studies journals that my kiddos made for an end of unit project.  We have been studying explorers.  They had to write a journal with at least 5 entries, as if they were one of the members of an expedition to Florida.
They really enjoyed this and I think they did a great job! 
 
 

3.  Valentine's day.....need I say more....lol! 
If I eat all the chocolate I got I'll be 400 pounds!!!!
 
 
4.  We are working on theme in my classroom right now.  That's a hard one for my kiddos to get so I bought these great Theme Task Cards from Rachel Lynette.  I can't wait to use them in my small groups next week:)  My silly wireless printer refused to work for 2 days.....now it's working again so I finally printed these yesterday!
 
5.  Totally random and not teacher related but my new fave drink!  I have had several of these from Starbucks but about died when I saw you could buy a pack of 5 and make your own!!!!!  Love, love! 
 
My "TO DO" list is a mile long for this 3 day weekend!!
I hope you all have a refreshing weekend!!
Be blessed! 
 
 
 
 
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Hey Tara! I'm glad you had a nice time with your daughter! I know what you mean about the list...I have a lot planned for these three days :) :)

    Happy weekend dear Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try that starbucks VIA! I love those drinks at Starbucks too! Hope you can catch up a bit this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your posts - I always find something I want to try! I used one of your ideas from January Made it Monday for Valentine's Day Math - thanks for sharing!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I am gone all weekend.. I start my week frazzled and never feel like I can get caught up... I try really hard to keep sunday afternoons/nights free to get ready for the week!

    I got tons of chocolate too. Then went to the grocery after school and bought stuff to make chocolate chip cookies.. what was I thinking????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara Your daughter and her bf are adorable!!!

    I can totally relate to your list to!

    Now I have to add starbucks to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was spoiled by my kiddos for Valentine's Day too! I will be eating chocolate for the next three years! :)

    Your explorers journals look great - I love having my kiddos write journal entries as famous historic people or book characters; I feel it really makes them think and step into the story or historic event.

    ~Jessica
    http://joyinthejournney.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were having a hard time with theme this week, too. I'll have to check that out. The explorer journals look fantastic!

    Have a great weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the picture of your daughter and the new boyfriend :) Here's to a productive and RESTFUL weekend!!! Enjoy :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is beautiful! I put all of my many goodies in the freezer! Enjoy the long weekend!

    Aloha,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got way too much chocolate too! :) I need to find a good home for it, besides my stomach!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOO, I will have to look for that Starbucks refreshers! This year was the year of the suckers for some ( good) reason...less temptation!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd GRade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Tara:
    NEW boyfriend... YAY!
    Sending you oodles of love and hugs...
    (How could I not respond to a post that featured something from Starbucks?)
    : )

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughter and BF are adorable!! They look so happy :) Now I'm going to have to try out that Starbucks! Love those drinks!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is wonderful that you were able to see your daughter and new boyfriend. I cannot even imagine watching beach volleyball right now! I love Rachel's task cards too and have more on my to-do list to get ready. A mouse on a wheel sounds about right!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear that you like your daughters boyfriend - yay!

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to hear more about your Social Studies project!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  17. Doesn't seem like the to-do list never gets smaller??? I love the pic of your daughter. She seems so happy!

    Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the picture! :)
    And darlin, you can NEVER have too much chocolate! :)

    **Side note, how was I not following you before? I thought for sure I was?

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ensure Yourself Success By Using Printable GED Practice Tests
    ged free practice test printable

    ReplyDelete