Testing DONE...for now! Classroom BACK:)

Hey there!!!!  The big, bad writing test for my 4th graders is DONE!!!! 
As one of my sweeties told me today in Math:
"Mrs. Eiken, that's 1/3 of our testing done and 2/3 to go!"
Yep, we are on fractions:)
THANK YOU <3 THANK YOU for all the sweet words of encouragement and kindness that you all left on my blog Sunday and Monday:)  I sooooo appreciate it:)  You all are so sweet and helped make that day easier!
My kiddos absolutely LOVED their little bag of stars and the letter that I had written them:)
 
Well, if you know me at all, you know that having my room in "test mode" was killingggg me!!!!!
I dislike "test mode" classroom VERY much....no fun, blank boring walls and b. boards to stare at, no fun Ladybug's Alphabet, desks EVERYWHERE, no fun anchor charts, just dull, dreary, SAD!
 
So, you have to know we weren't an hour done testing and I was in high gear to find our normal again:)  Moving and shaking, gluing and pinning during lunch and my planning:)
Here's how we are looking now:
This is our 7 Habits wall:)
Here's my teacher area/guided reading/mess right now:)
Part of our library:)  Some anchor charts back:)
More library and a cozy chair for read to self:)
My writing area (vocabulators, paper, story bubbles, story starters, shared writing journals)
You can read more about this table HERE (but note the giveaway is over...that was for a while ago)
From the front of the classroom.  We are back in groups and I shifted a few things.
LOVE our book recommendation tree:)  Inspired by Molly at Lessons with Laughter:)  Behind that is our math workshop area and Daily 5 rotations wall.
More books for our library:)  LOVE this area.  This is where my precious volunteer comes once a week and runs another reading group.  Love those days!  The kiddos get in tons of reading on those days!
The carpet (you can only see part) is where my kiddos come every morning for our morning math meeting.  I use the dry erase board and put up different problems every morning:)  It has really helped with their Math!  The inspiration came from Stephanie at Teaching in Room 6 and her calendar math!  It truly has changed my kids world and the way I teach!
 
I have a few finishing touches to put up but at least we are cozy and back in groups again!!
Now we have a field trip Friday and Monday to look forward to.  A fun reward after the big test!
Happy hump day!!!
 
 


9 comments

  1. Glad you're back to colorful and creative mode! Your classroom looks WONDERFUL! :)

    We've just started testing prep - our test is in April. dun dun dun...

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe u did so much, looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are quick! We have April to look forward to with ELA and math in back to back weeks. Then, science is the end of May and beginning of June. I cannot wait for it to be over! Are your test totally core now? I am scared to see what they are going to have them do. Enjoy the end of your week:)
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our writing test is this coming Tuesday, love your note to them.

    Your classroom is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that this stage of your testing is over. You put your room back together pretty quickly! I'm impressed :) Everything looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hooo!!!! So glad testing is over and your room is back to being its normal happy place!!! I SO want to come visit your classroom in person! It looks so amazing and neat and organized!!! And of course now after seeing your pictures I'm adding to my list of things I want to do in my classroom as well!! Hope you have a great rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room looks huge, I wish I had so much space! Your room looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did testing go? We are already crunching for our test in April. It is going to be SOO much work to cover every single inch of my wall (we are not able to even have ONE letter showing... I even have to cover my name and my calendar that hangs on my wall!) It's such craziness and I agree with you... I HATE the testing seating arrangement that you need to set up.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top