Five for Friday - I'm back

CELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-E-BRATE good times, Come ON!!!
 
Spring break is here for me....happy dance, happy dance!!!!!
I don't know why but I am exhausted!!!!!!!  So, I am so happy to be starting spring break!
 
Gonna start with joining Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky:)  Missed out on the one last week so I am excited to be back:)
 
fiveforfriday
 
So here's a look into my week (random and not)
 
#1 Reading with Billy
The therapy dog in training came 3 times this week and while his trainer is working with one of my kiddos, the others get to read to Billy and LOVE it!!
Billy is a little bored here!  Not loving the book I guess....
Ok, maybe listening a little better.....
"Cat what?!?!".....listening now:)
 
 
#2  Math, more math and test review
Fractions, decimals, and mixed numbers!
Love that each student has a dry erase board!  Great way to make sure everyone is working:)
Great for reviews too!
 
 
 
#3  Crazy sock day today!
Fund raiser for M.S.  The kiddos loved wearing crazy socks!  I bought the cutest pair of sock monkey socks....well either my calves are 800 pounds OR I grabbed socks for a 2 year old!!!  No stretch people....super bummer.....so my sock monkeys were looking a little slouchy:/
LOVE the pink panther socks....and cartoon....those were the good old days:)
 
 
 
#4   FROZE my tail at my son's LAX game!!!
That's him (49) warming up....the game was last night and I'm pretty sure it snowed!!!!
Ok, ok......maybe it didn't snow BUT this is FLORIDA people and I had on gloves, sweater, long sleeve shirt, scarf, jeans, socks, blanket.....my teeth still hurt from clenching them so hard because I was so cold!!!  Yes, this Florida gal is spoiled:)
 
 
 
#5  Narrative writing fun
Yes, state writing test is done and behind us but we are still writing away.  This week they got the
writing inspiration folders.  I have about 25 of these folders.  On the covers I have glued book covers.  They are to come up with a narrative inspired by the picture only...not the title.  They love this and were so excited when they got to draw their folders and see what their pic was of.



 
 
This is kinda #6....
New drink of choice.....1/2 hibiscus berry breezer, 1/2 cool lime...no water....YUM!!!
Don't forget.....Monday is:
Would super love it if you popped back by and linked up:)))))))
Have a great weekend all! 



12 comments

  1. I'm glad that you showed what LAX was. I had no clue. I'm not aware of any lacrosse teams around here :)

    And I pre-linked-up to your Monday Made-It. I hope that's okay :)

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw we used to have a therapy dog at our school and the kids really loved it! Happy spring break Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Love the dog pics!
    Prepping for Monday!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband used to play lax in high school and college...I know all about freezing at games! Your writing folders look really cool!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love crazy sock day! How fun! We've had fun dress up days all week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the writing idea. Never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the writing folders idea! Do you print covers from online or glue the real thing? We are immersed in fractions, decimals, and mixed numbers right now too. I am dreaming them!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing a little happy dance for you and your Spring Break! Although, it's awfully cold for you to be calling it a spring break ;) I have those same gloves, by the way! Have a relaxing break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAT WHAT??? you are tho funny!!! how fun to have a dog visit!!! and super excited about Monday Made it!!! I already know what I am going to do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top