Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Scrapbooking+Reading=Fun

Hello!!
I am happy to say I have survived going back to work after spring break!
I wanted to share some pics of some great book reports my kiddos did!
I call them scrapbook page book reports.
(yes, I've blogged about this in the past. 
These are new ones.)
Love the fish stickers all over this one on Soul Surfer:)

Check out the yellow brick road!! 
 Did you know that Dorothy's shoes were
sparkly silver??????????? 
Shut the front door!!!!
Well in this older version of The Wizard of Oz,
they were!!! (I made the student show me where it said that in the book!)
 Go figure!!  They're silver!


Lots of this going on in my classroom!!!
Big Nate I mean, not flipping out!!  LOL!

I LOVE the Humphrey books!  I also love how she included OG the frog:)




The sky was the limit with HOW they decorated their scrapbook report. 
WHAT they included was:
Title
Author
Main Characters and descriptions
Summary of the story
Their favorite part
 
I LOVE how different they each are!
Would you believe me if I told you the kids BEGGED for this assignment!!!
Begging for homework?????  Yep, you read it right!


13 comments:

  1. These are sooooo cute! We also love Humphrey! Thanks to you, friend, for recommending it a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I am going to need to try it out with my kids-they love any "different" type of assignment...the more creative they can be the more they like it.
    I never knew Dorothy's shoes were silver.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the book reports! I recently found out that Dorothy's slippers were silver too! The movie producers actually changed them because they thought they would look better in red since it was the first colored movie! Fun little fact to know! Glad your first week back is going well!

    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! That's a good summer reading or summer school project too! I will definitely keep it in mind.

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your kids did an amazing job. I was just thinking today (when looking through my closet at school) that I miss scrapbooking with my kids. We would scrapbook their year together. That was back when printing pictures was not an issue. This is a great way to try to do that again! I could use up all of my scrapbooking "things" with my students. Who says the math teacher can't be creative, too? So glad that your first days back have been successful ones ;)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess beat me to the punch- I was also going to tell you that the producers changed her shoes to red because it was so exciting to have color in a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these! Definitely going to have to do some scrap booking with my kiddos. Yours did such an amazing job! And silver shoes ... who knew???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this! I wasn't sure what to do for next month. . . thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember learning about this from you before!! They came out AWESOME! My students would love this activity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must be tired because I hit publish before I finished! I wanted to add thanks for sharing this idea, you are always doing something so creative with your kids and I love to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the students put their own spin on the reports. Thanks for sharing! It's a terrific idea!

    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE these and will use this in my history class as we move into this last grading period for the year. Did ya hear that???? Only 7 weeks left before SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete