Spring Cleaning Sale AND Five for Friday!!

If anyone is planning on doing the Spring Cleaning Sale on the last two days of the quarter, I whipped up this little logo...what do you think? I can make changes before I post the file for anyone to grab for their blog posts or what not....
Adorable sign by Krista Wallden
 
Hey everyone!  I am trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.....I wanted to let
you know that
I will be having a 20% off EVERYTHING sale in my TPT store this weekend:)
 
I also wanted to link up with Doodle Bugs for her wonderful Five for Friday
fiveforfriday
So here's 5 random things about my week.........

 #1
Yep.....more foldables:)  Science related this time!
We're coming the Earth, Sun, and Moon.
 
#2
We have been doing A LOT of this!!!!
FCAT practice! 
That test is right around the corner so we have been doing small group and whole group and all kinds of reading (and math) group practice!!
 
#3



I have replace Word Work in our Daily 5 with book clubs.
Can I tell you how much my kiddos LOVE this!!!
They are reading in their guided reading groups.  Each group is reading a chapter book for their level.
It is so cool to hear them stop and have conversations about what they're reading, while they're reading!!!  I'm hoping to start Literature Circles after FCAT.
They still have Read to Self also and haven't complained a bit about all the reading time they get.  Gotta confess....I wish I had more time to read:)
 
#4


One of my sweet girls made this for me.  She said all the words were words that described me:)
Such a sweetie!!
 
#5
These 2 have been my best friends this week.....I have been/am not feeling to hot.
 
2 more this.......(that makes it more than 5...I know)
I have decided to shift Monday Made It to the second, not first Monday of each month
(until summer, than hoping back to weekly)
So please get your craft on and come back and link up then!!
 
Finally, I pray you all have a very blessed Easter!

8 comments

  1. Hello Tara! ;)
    I found you through the linky! :) So nice to run into a Florida blogger! ;) I taught third for years and I loved doing Daily 5 at the intermediate level...but I'm with you...there's nothing like literature circles! They loved it when I did it too. The picture from your student was pure sweetness! I loved that she equated you with sunshine! There's nothing like sunshine to make any day better! :) It made my heart so happy for you that she shared that! :) Keep that picture around! It is just the BEST! :) So glad to have run into you! :)
    Regards,
    Tamara

    Mrs.Russell's Room
    First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to see you haven't been feeling well. There are always so many germs to fight in the classroom!

    I teach first grade, but it is neat to see you have replaced your word work with book clubs.

    Don't you just wish you could go to work and read for 30 minutes every day? Our students have it SO nice!

    Hope you are feeling better soon :)

    The Frizz

    The Frizz in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH No feel better soon friend :) and I am ready for your Monday Made It... Maybe... I will have to post my made it later because I have to post CURRENTLY on Monday... WHHHHHHAAAAAA unless I can go back and link up my cupcake nests... hmmmmm can I do that???
    anywho feel better my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better! I am not good with the Monday Made It during the year - I can't wait until summer when I have time to start making things again!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon! I'm so thankful you moved it back a week... this week is Spring Break and I need time to think of what I can make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara,

    I hope you feel better soon! That was such a sweet present by an obviously very talented girl! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon, Tara!! It is a busy weekend to try and get rest:( That picture from your student is just too sweet! Sometimes we need those little reminders that all our hard work is so WORTH IT:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope you feel better soon! Love the picture from your student :) I can't wait to shop your sale!! I created a linky party on my blog to link up our sales! Head on over and link up, please :)

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top