Early Earth Day Fun!!!

Our state testing is over.....
happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!!!

Today it was time for some FUN!!!!
We literally did dance......I WISH I had video.....as they were all working quietly at their desks, I had a random, spaz moment and started singing...at the top of my lungs......
"Everybody dance now!"
People....they all (but 2) stood up and danced....so I kept singing....it was a riot!
Then I said STOP and they sat down and got back to work:)
So we had several random dance moments today:) 
Hilarious and fun!!!
 
My kiddos worked their tails off this week, so I decided we were going to celebrate with starting some Earth Day fun a little early!

I made them Earth Day pop treats!

These were super easy to make and so fun!!
The kids just loved them:)
Recipe:
- large marshmallows
- little wooden skewers
- almond bark
- green and blue sugar sprinkles
 
Just melt the almond bark in a bowl in the microwave.
Then stick a marshmallow on the little stick and swirl it in the almond bark.
Sprinkle in the sugar and let them cool/harden:)
I've never made these before.....they started looking better as I went along:)
Fun little treat and so quick and easy:)
 
We also made a mini Earth Day poster quilt:)
I gave each of my students a large blank notecard.
Their assignment was to make a mini poster for Earth Day and include a promise to the Earth:) 
The quilt above is all of their cards taped together. (I still want to add a title or something)
They all did a great job!
Some of them were so creative:)

Love this one....it's a light bulb....so creative:)

The kids really enjoyed doing this and it was a great wind down after a long week of testing.
We also started a really fun non-fiction text project I'll be posting about later:)
 
Have a great weekend everyone!!
 

16 comments

  1. A happy dance for you! Testing is no fun! I love your Earth day idea - so simple and they look so great!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those treats are adorable and super yummy looking!

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pops are the best Earth day things I have ever seen!!! Love, love, LOVE them!
    ~following via Google Friend Connect :)
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finished testing today too! We did our own happy dance, and started gearing up for the big Earth day party we will have on Monday. Love the marshmallow pops, will add that to the mix too. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely doing both of those activities on Monday! Thanks for the great ideas!!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would've loved to have witnessed your "Everybody dance now!" moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your marshmallow treats are wonderful! Not sure what my students would have done if I shouted, "Everybody dance now!" You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute treats! Thanks for sharing your ideas.
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, those pops are awesome! I actually have a bag of big marshmallows leftover from our 3-D U.S. maps we just finished--I may have to go grab them and attempt those for Monday! The kids would DIE from excitement!

    Oh. And I swear to you that every now and then I bust out into Everybody Dance Now or Y'all Ready for This..., and the kids just look at me like I've got 10 heads. LOL. But they are in 2nd grade, so they haven't mastered my sense of humor yet. :)

    Happy weekend!

    -gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your idea of a Earth Day Poster Quilt. Your students did an awesome job. I will be using this in my classroom. Thanks for sharing!

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mini-postcard idea. Might just have to steal that. And those marshmallow pops look delicious!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the random dance moment and those marshmallow pops are adorable!

    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you that the testing is behind you. And even more happy to see that you cams up with the perfect activity for Friday...not that I had any doubt that you would do something amazing!!

    Happy Saturday, my friend!!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh this was super cute and I just had to pin it! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seeing all those marshmallows has got me craving for some of the leftover PEEPS I have sealed up in Ziploc bags in the kitchen still!! Wow, everything turned out Super Cute during your Earth Day celebration. Hey, you should stop by my blog & enter my giveaway - I'm sure you'll love the 4th grade bundle!
    :)
    Antonia @ forkin4th

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an adorable idea to celebrate. I love how you connected it to Earth day...very clever. My favorite is the one that says 'Keep the Earth growing'...The flower coming out of earth is very creative. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top