Pick Some Pre-Test Positivity!

3 days down, 1 to go for our state testing!!!! 
Wowzers!
What a week:)
 
I wanted to share a little idea I did in our classroom.
The other day I blogged about my Shine On! motivational notes.
The kids have been loving getting these, BUT
I wanted them to take part in the "spreading some positive, pre-test love" too!
 
We have started our Book Recommendation Tree again this year!
(Thanks Molly, Lessons with Laughter, check out her adorable tree!!!)
BUT, for the big test, my room has to be completely dullsville!!!!
So, had to take all the tags off the tree......
it looked so naked, and sad, and ugh.....
then the Post It Positivity Tree was born:)

I gave each of the kiddos a little post it and had them write an encouraging note and then we taped them to the tree.  The next morning, as they came in, each student picked a post it to encourage them for testing:)



They absolutely LOVED this.  I have even noticed that a few take that little note out each morning and read it again:)  Love that:)
 
I also had to share this note of love I got from one of my kiddos:)
Teachers like to get positive notes too!!! 
Happy hump day everyone!!!
 


12 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! How precious is this post :) I've been thinking of all of you. I know your students are ROCKIN' that test!

    I am going to be making one of those Post It Positivity trees!!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I absolutely LOVE that little note you got. How perfect!!! I'm sending all your students some positive thoughts - (not that they need it). :)

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious post!! The note tree is adorable! And I love the note you got.. it is SO true! ;)

    Sending lots of hugs and positive testing thoughts your way!!

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fantastic! I love the positive note tree! I bet tour students thought of those notes even during their test. So very clever (like always)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fantastic! I love the positive note tree! I bet tour students thought of those notes even during their test. So very clever (like always)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is such a great idea!! I might have to try this for next year. This was so creative. Thanks for sharing! I just did a post on assessments as well. Must be on our brains this time of year.

    Jennifer
    http://livingthedreamin5thgrade.blogspot.com/2013/04/testing-motivation.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a Positivity Tree is exactly what my classroom needs at this time of year. Awesome idea! Have a great weekend!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO sweet and makes my heart melt! Thank you for the reminder of what makes our jobs so rewarding!! Test or no test, this feeling will never change:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top