Reflection Bugs! More Math and Art

Happy hump day everyone!  Told ya I'd be back with another math/art project.
Saw this a few places on Pinterest and loved it!!
First the kids folded their papers "hot dog"....(anyone else say that...either hot dog fold or hamburger????)  Anywho, then we wrote or printed our names on the folded line.
Then close it back up and trace your name on the outside and then open it and trace it again on the inside.
Once you have done that then you can draw your bug!!
They were also supposed to be symmetrical....some were...some got carried away.
That's ok....they turned out awesome and the kids LOVED doing them....like asked to make more than one.....one printed and one in cursive.  Here are a few pics of some of my faves:
I asked them to do their names in black so they would pop out...if you turn your head sideways,
you can see the names.
This one was more of an owl with a baby than a bug:)
Love the giant olive looking eyes...
This one is super funky.
 
I can't believe how close to the end of the year we are and yet SO much to do!!!
Hope this is something fun you can do with your kiddos:)


8 comments

  1. Loving the bugs - pinning for September - maybe "Bugging Out in Grade3/4". Thanks for sharing the idea of turning them into bugs, I've only ever done the names.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these math projects!! Thanks for sharing them, I always need more of this in class! What day do you get out Tara?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I really want to do a project on symmetry- they always look so great in the hallways! I will have to figure out how to tie that in to ESL...there's got to be a way.

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also use the "hot dog" and "hamburger" terminology! Cute projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you turned these into BUGS!! My students would just eat this up (and hopefully not spit out! haha!).
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper
    P.S.
    I use "hot dog" and "hamburger" too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the coolest things ever!!! Soooo putting those in my plans for next week ;))))

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooo doing these..thanks for the reminder :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top