Sad Goodbye and Teacher Talk Tuesday!! (Early!)

Friday I had to say goodbye to my sweet, wonderful, and creative class:,(
 
I cannot tell you how hard it was this year.......really.....3 of my boys were in tears in the morning when they came in:(  One of them said I have been like a substitute mom and he didn't want to leave me.  So sad people!  Love these kids!!
 
Tomorrow I go in for my "last day" (don't think it will be although I am hopeful) to finish up paperwork and packing!
 
I am linking up with What the Teacher Wants and Apples and ABCs and joining the world of....
 
 
INSTAGRAM!!!!
 
 
I am so excited and have been having a blast with all the fun apps that go along with it and make pics and collages!  You can follow me on Instagram
I debated and debated about the direction of my Instagram....should it be only 4th Grade Frolics....should I set up a second one for my fam........what to do, what to do??????  Well, I decided to have an "all or none" Instagram:)  Teaching is such a huge part of my life, but that's just it....it a part of my life....so there will be pics of everything, school related, family, me, silliness.....you name it:)
 
Here are a couple of my Instagram pics I wanted to share:
 
This is one of the activities my kiddos did last week before our goodbye:/  It's my Warm Fuzzy Book and it's free at my TPT store:)
 
Another fun thing we did this last week were make reading buddies for the summer!  I have worked very hard this year to instill a love of reading in my kiddos and don't want them to lose that over the summer!  As teachers, we teach our kids that "Reading Rocks!"  So, we made reading rocks to be buddies to read to over the summer!
I think they turned out super cute and my kiddos LOVED them.  I didn't tell them until they had eyeballs what they were and they were so excited when they found out.
I also made Reading Rocks Reading Response Journals to go along with the craft if you would like to check that out:)
 
Here are a few other pics I was playing with...



Happy almost Tuesday everyone!  I'll soon be off to finish packing and paperwork......
 
and before you get too jealous of me being out, remember.......I go back in......
JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.  I wanted to give you a heads up!!!!!!!  Next Monday will be the kickoff to going back to weekly Monday Made It posts!!!  Get your craft and creativity on!!!


8 comments

  1. I am dreading the last day for that reason. I started out this year with a countdown to summer. But we have really gelled now and MAN do I LOVE this group. Gonna be a lot of tears! We have two more weeks, but we go back after labor day. Can't wait for Monday Made It!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you jumped on board with Instagram :) And, I followed your lead and changed mine to an "all-in-one" one, too. I think that's easier! I'm loving your pictures on there and can't wait to see all of your Made-its come to life this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, the story of your kiddos being in tears is are heart breaker!! How sweet!!!

    We got out on Friday and go back in July as well...I'm terribly afraid summer is going to fly by!! :O/

    I'm excited for the weekly link-up! Apparently I completely missed the Teacher Toolbox train last year so I'll probably be linking that up one of these Mondays...I'm still playing around on how I want to do it!

    Good luck tomorrow!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heading over to follow you now!!! Can't wait for Monday Made It! That was one of my FAVORITE things last summer!!!! :)

    Soaring Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been fun following you on instagram. One day you'll have to let me come over to hang out in that lovely back yard of yours. Looking forward to jumping back on the wagon with Monday Made-It this summer. Enjoy your time off.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these pictures! Your reading rocks are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I'm sad for your sad kids. I know we don't get to talk in person, but I can tell you are an incredible teacher and it's so evident in everything you do. I hope things get wrapped up quickly for you. When's your first official day of summer? I'm looking forward to Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay can't wait for the weekly Monday Made Its

    Happy Summer to you

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top