It's June! Currently Tiime!!!

Oh' boy fourth grade
So excited to link up, so here goes:)
 
Listening: I just love tennis.  Don' play....that might be dangerous or funny or both.........yep, both!  But, I do love to watch it.  I know, I know.....you're thinking "watch what?"  The ball goes back and forth and back and forth......maybe it's just relaxing for me:)  I watched an awesome match yesterday with Tommy Haas!  Love him!  It was a nail biter but he won:)))
 
Loving: Last summer I took up running......well when school started I slacked off, so 2 weeks ago I kicked it up again and set a summer goal of hitting 4 miles.  Well I did it the other day!  As a matter of fact, the past 3 days I have run 4 miles plus!!!!  So excited!  Hoping to dump some weight and just plain old feel physically better:)))
 
Thinking:  I'm an Instagram addict!  I am such a late bloomer to all the techno stuff.  Just started Instagramming (yes, Mr. spell checker, that is a work) and am hooked!  I LOVE the fun apps to play with the pics and add words and things:)  You can follow my crazy life at #taraeiken
 
Wanting:  I bit the bullet and ordered the Erin Condren teacher planner (HERE).  Last year I had the life planner and loved it!  Then I started reading about everyone's teacher planners, and then I watched the video and was hooked:)  Can't wait until it gets here! I'm not a very good person to wait.........does the mail come on Sunday????  (Just kidding)
 
Needing: I need to get this done (rushing so there are probably lots of typing errors) and get changed and go run!  Yesterday was superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr HUMID!  That's yucky running:/
 
3 Vacay Essentials: IF I even get a vacay.....sometimes we just don't go anywhere....it's so hard with almost adult kiddos and work schedules and sports and pets and ......so I shouldn't say if.....I do get a vacay from work....just maybe not going somewhere....we'll see.....anywhosie...I'm a Florida gal...almost always have on flip flops:)  Did I just say I'm a Florida gal....sunscreen...need I say more?  Lip gloss is a must!  I'm not a lipstick person...but love a natural gloss:)
 
So there ya have it!  Don't forget tomorrow kicks off weekly Monday Made Its!!!!
 
I am so super excited about my projects for tomorrow so don't forget to pop in tomorrow and link up AND if you Instagram, link up there too with #mondaymadeit!!!!  Careful though....this Instagram thing is addicting:)


19 comments

  1. I admire people who run. The wonderful teacher who is redesigning my blog for me is running a half marathon today. My poor ole knees just couldn't take running, but I understand the allure. Just being outside and getting the blood pumping is addictive! Hope your humidity breaks and you get to run in the lovely weekend sun! You have me intrigued about the teacher planner, will have to check that out!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you when it comes to instagram. . . I AM SOOOO ADDICTED. I'm going to send you an email about that. As soon as school gets out I'm jumping back on the Monday Made It train ~ thanks for hosting again, see you next week.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your planner! I've wanted one forever but haven't taken the plunge. Maybe this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tennis as well! And Tommy Haas....need to watch today, for sure!

    I have to admit that I discovered your blog around Christmastime and it made me want to make a change to fourth grade. It all worked out, and I will be teaching fourth grade ELA next year! Thanks for the motivation to change students' lives. I am so excited!

    And, I just got my Erin Condren planner....my first. I am obsessed!!!! Carve out some time with your cute pens....it's addictive!

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really should take up running this summer. I am right there with you! Instagram is addicting! I can't wait to share my Monday Made It picture tomorrow! Thanks for hosting!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on running 4 miles Tara, that is awesome! I am so afraid to try Instagram, I don't think I could add any more addicting things to my life! Hehee. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love watching tennis, too! Of all of the sports that I'd ever be willing to try, tennis is perhaps the only one. I've played it a few times, and I'm TERRIBLE at it, but it's fun nonetheless. I admire all of the athletes who are good enough at it to go pro.

    Congrats on your running accomplishments. Very cool!
    Alison
    Eberopolis: Teaching Reading & Writing with Technology

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to the Monday Made It again this summer. It was a blast last summer! Congrats on running 4 miles! I am an avid runner and it really does turn into an addiction!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tara,
    I felt like your currently could have been written by me! I love watching Wimbledon on TV (haven't gotten into watching the French Open, something about the clay court). Congratulations on the running. I admire anyone who even attempts running.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made it to 5 miles a couple of weeks ago, but the last mile was complete torture! Have you ever tried a Leslie Sansone video? She is an upbeat, Christian lady. I understand time being an issue in the winter, but the cold will discourage me quicker than anything. In the winter, I'll try to do at least 2 miles a day with her when I get home. I love your blog and I am now following you.

    -Tasha
    ATenderTeacherforSpecialNeeds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeee! So excited to hear you ordered an EC planner!! We'll have to help hold each other accountable so we can actually use then throughout the year and not just stare at the cuteness ;) And I think my mailman filed a restraining order against me for stalking my mailbox waiting for the box to arrive :) :) Can't wait to see pics on Instagram!!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be linking up. I really want to get another planner from there but I'm waiting to see if I can get it a bit cheaper. Instagram is my new addiction since it is pretty easy to see what everyone is up to in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So proud of your 4 miles! You are an inspiration in so many ways. Love that vacay list. I can't wait to see what your planner ends up looking like. I'm sure you will Instagram it :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just discovered your blog today and read the post about the Erin Condren lesson planner. I just ordered mine and can't wait for it to arrive.
    I found your blog while searching for information about the Daily 5 in fourth grade classrooms. I am changing schools and grade levels in the fall and they will be introducing this at that time. I am very excited and hope that it will be successful. We will also be in the second year of implementing the Common Core and my school uses Houghton Mifflin Journeys as their basal.

    Should be for an interesting year.
    I just started my own blog, check it out!
    http://bloomingin4thgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job of doing 4 miles...that is awesome!! I am really needing to get inspired to get back to my running! This is my last week of school and I kinda feel like I'm in survival mode! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been following your journey with running and I am so inspired by you! I hope to get into running this summer.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  18. So impressed with your running! I'm ready for school to be out so I can get back to exercising again. You've set a high bar!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top