Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Made It - 6/10/13

Happy Monday Made It!  I am so excited so many of you linked up last week:)  Thank you!  My summer "to do" list is growing and growing. 
 
Here are my Monday Made Its for this week:
 
Classroom Made It #1
I blogged about this yesterday.  It's my new organization for all those endless papers that we collect as teachers each week.  If you want to see more about this, you can go read HERE.
 
Classroom Made It #2
To go right along with that File It For Friday, I finally made this:
 
Can I tell ya something.......I have had this 3 drawer thing since LAST summer.....I just never did anything with it and then The Tattooed Teacher posted hers last week and that got me going.
It matches my File It For Friday AND
 
they match my new crate seats:)
 
Classroom Made It #3 and 4
Since I have decided to tweak my colors a little (pushing out the pink.....still haven't decided about pulling in more turquoise.....here's why....I'm a spaz and the "turquoise" shades don't match...some are greeny, some are brighter bluey......so, I'm still thinking on that)  so right now my focus is:
black/white/gray/lime........
 
So I realized that I will need to remake all the things I have hanging in my room: my Daily 5 board, my classroom rules, my everything.....so I started that.  I made a new math rotation board.
I have also had many of you ask about my Morning Math Meeting board....well, I finally did it:)
Matching makes me happy people.  (I also have these sets in chocolates in my store)
 
My Home Made It:
I didn't make this.....I made it out of things I bought so that counts:)
 
So, have I told you I LOVE Pier One?!  Well, I do.  I got this glass vase and these cool balls from there.  They have been my dining room table center piece for a while.  Well, I was kinda over them and wanted something a little "lighter" looking for spring/summer and all....
So I came up with this.  I love peacock feathers and the twiggy things are from Hobby Lobby.
I put little glass puddles thing-a-ma-bobs in the bottom to hold the feathers and twiggy things in place
This is a pic of the twiggy things....there's a ton of them....I still have left over....I tried putting a bunch in the vase but didn't like it at all...
Added peacock feathers to it and I'm done
I really like the way it turned out:)
 
Now it's your turn to link up your create awesomeness so my list can continue growing:)
Don't forget to grab the button to put with your post when you link up:)

29 comments:

  1. I love your crates and new class rules pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see your pictures but it's probably because I'm not good on my Mac yet. I'm going to try another computer. Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-did the pics...let me know if you still can't see them AND I need detailed instructions as to how you made your yummy ribbon banner:))))))))) Was it a fortune in ribbon???

      Delete
  4. I can't see the pictures either! I've tried it on my husband's tablet, my laptop, and my desktop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your Monday Made It's! This is my first Monday off and I have nothing to share. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your file/grade/copy bin! I bought one yesterday with the intention of making it for today and got side tracked with Netflix :) So, I posted something else! Next week :)
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all! I need to make the file/grade/copy bin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will need tons of ribbon. I used 16 rolls. YIKES. Wait and buy on sale! I bought mine half off at Hobby Lobby. I found some white rope in the garage as my base. All you need to do is tie knots. It was very simple. I cut all of the ribbon about the same length. All ribbon pieces were around 10 inches long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you getting fancy with peacock feathers :)

    Journey Of A Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara!

    I love your 3 drawer file thing!! I need to make something like that to keep all my papers organized as well! Counting down the days 'til summer when I will have time to make all those fun crafty things!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crates look wonderful, by the way. Thank you for letting me link up. This is my first time since last summer. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your crates! I'm inspired :) Glad I found you- I'm so excited to be linking up today for the first time.
    Thanks for hosting!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how coordinated everything is going to be! I'm very matchy matchy myself.

    Your peacock feather arrangement is also fabulous.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tara!
    Your peacock feathers are all the rage at Pier I. I saw 2 ladies the other day fighting over the last one! It was the funniest thing ever!
    Your new Color scheme for your wall decor is one of my favorites! Very stylish and colorful for the kids!
    Have a great week!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you've created! Thank you for the Dots on Chocolate morning math math headers and math workshop board! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your arrangement and I really should set up some files like yours...maybe I'll get to it this summer! :) Thanks for hosting.
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the file drawers you created! So cute!!

    Carrie
    Table Talk with C & C

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the file drawers, that is on my to do list for sure. I'm thinking of doing the ones in my daughters rooms too, just so I don't have to see the mess behind them!
    I love your crates and how color coordinated they are. I wish I would have taken more time to plan mine out - but maybe it is time to recover them anyway : ). I know it was last week when you described it - but I like that you included a handle. Mine are a tight fit and I stick my hand into the crate and pop it up!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dang girl! I thought I was doing good with my salad! You put me to shame! You have some cute stuff on here! I absolutely love those little seats! If I didn't teach such little ones, I would make those! They would have them filthy and broken in 2 seconds! I love your blog and your Monday Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I use the same file system but for students to turn in work (each block has its own box). I'm impressed with your seats - they turned out great!

    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris
    Mrs. Harris Teaches Science!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your 3 drawer organizer and matching crates! I love those seats! How time consuming were they? Thanks for hosting!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey hey!! I absolutely LOOOOVE your files.. I love anything to do with organization. And you made them so darn cute! I love your crates too (and matching things)... I actually have never been to Pier 1 (is that crazy?) I usually buy crafty things at Michaels or AC Moore or somewhere like that.. I will have to check it out! The Peacock feathers are adorable :)

    So glad I had time to link up today despite my BUSY BUSY WEEK! XOXO

    Laura Love to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the Monday Made It idea! I will definitely be linking up later on in June when I get back from my honeymoon and all my summer projects begin! Can't wait!
    Michelle
    from Well, Michelle?

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your crate seats! I'm hoping to make my own this summer. :)

    - Pam
    Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are cute file drawers to match your crate seats! I just linked up with you again. I love being able to share ideas like this with one another.

    -Tasha
    ATenderTeacherforSpecialNeeds

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such cute ideas. Thanks for sharing! I especially love "File it for Friday" :)

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete